Era Medieval Legends: Bass Viola da Gamba & Fidule sustained notes

Official support for: bestservice.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

is it possible to play long sustaining notes with Bass Viola da Gamba and Fidule? Sustaining notes behave somehow unpredictable (at least to me). Sometimes I get something like a "bow up - bow down" articulation on a sustained note, sometimes just one direction. When I repeat the same note it sounds like different bow directions (round robin?). The longest notes seem to be about three seconds long. Any way inside Engine to play longer notes on these instruments?
:help:

Hello,
I am sorry it is not possible. Anyway this is something I will take care of for future updates and more instruments I am currently recording.

Thanks for your understanding,

Tari
Eduardo Tarilonte | Sample Library Producer
www.bestservice.com
www.samplelibraries.com

TARI wrote: Anyway this is something I will take care of for future updates and more instruments I am currently recording.

Tari
That would be great :tu: :)
Thanks

I'm of the same mind. For a certain piece I am working on I need those sustained notes. Thank you for looking into adding it!

Cheers!

P.S. Awesome libraries. I've been looking into various libraries and yours are truly the best quality and at an affordable price. Thank you!

Btw I just figure out how to get a sustained note! So the note that you want sustained: Open the midi editor and drag the note out (in length), you'll notice that when you play it from the beginning it will play the first note quickly and then hold the second note. Go to about the middle or a little before, and cut it. Use the second half. It will play as thought it's from the beginning of the stroke so it will sound natural and it will also hold! You can drag that second half out until it ends, which will give you a very satisfying sustain! Place it where you'd like it and that's it, you're done!

While it would nice to be able to do this in performance recording, until Mr. Tarilonte can add it, this workaround should do!

Cheers!

I'm sorry for reviving this very old thread but were longer sustains made possible in Era II? I'm looking for good viola da gamba sounds.

I am not a Best Service rep, but yes, there are sustains in ERA II Medieval Legends for Bass Viola da Gamba.

You can confirm this in the pdf manual here:
https://www.bestservice.com/era_ii_medi ... gends.html

Scroll down until you see the link for the manual, because I didn't want to provide a direct link and have the file start downloading automatically on you.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Return to “Best Service”