Virtual CZ - sustain problem

Official support for: olilarkin.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VirtualCZ

Hi!

I noticed that sustain pedal works weird with VirtualCZ - if you let it go it cuts off the sound, even if you still hold keys. Hope it will be fixed soon.
medium is the message

which plugin format?

thanks

oli

got it thanks

well I thought I had fixed this in 1.0.1 but now i'm thinking i might have a dodgy sustain pedal, since a couple of people are reporting it is broken for them with 1.0.1. Promise i'll fix it for good in the next point release!

Hi hibrasil

I also have a sustain problem in Virtual CZ: The sustain pedal seems to be working "upside down" - sustaining notes when not pressed and vica versa. My sustain pedal works fine in all my other plug-ins (including all my many third-party plugs) so it is not a defect or polarity-issue within my controller/pedal as such.

A quick fix would be if I could change the sustain polarity within just the CZ, but I don't see a function for this.

Hope you can fix this in an update. Until then my Virtual CZ is pretty unusable I'm afraid.

I am running Logic X on Mac Pro 2010, OSX 10.9.5.

Thanks in advance :-)
Enebarn

hi - really sorry about this - fixed for the next version. I think my CZ-1 or my sustain pedal is broken causing me to get confused about the polarity! Does the inverted sustain pedal really make it unusable?!

oli

I am surprised more users haven't reported this. I did...right after the newest version release. All other vst work correctly. It would be good to have it corrected, or an option to reverse the "polarity" if it is working correctly for some users. Thanks!
바보

Hi Oli

Thanks for the quick reply.

As it is I can use the Virtual CZ only with sounds where I do not use the sustain pedal at all, so it is ok for bass etc.

But I have to remember not to touch the sustain pedal at all, because if I do that just once, then the plug-in registeres that a sustain-pedal is used and instantly appoints the polarity the wrong way. So after that I will have to hold down the sustain pedal all the time to avoid hanging (sustained) notes. And that really doesn't work for me...the only way to "reset" is to unload and reload Virutal CZ.

Looking forward to the update when you have the time. No worries :-)

Best
Enebarn

updated to v1.0.2

22/12/14 - v1.0.2

- Added MIDI Learn (right click control)
- Improved note stealing behaviour
- Fixed sustain pedal behaviour (really fixed it this time)
- (AAX/OSX) tooltips enabled
- (WIN) Fixed authorisation issues with non ascii characters in name
- (AAX/WIN) Alt-click works on Windows 8
- (AU/OSX) increase the frequency of GUI updates from automation
- Added error message if serial not correct
- minor correction to the manual

happy christmas :-)

oli

hibrasil wrote:updated to v1.0.2

22/12/14 - v1.0.2

- Added MIDI Learn (right click control)
- Improved note stealing behaviour
- Fixed sustain pedal behaviour (really fixed it this time)
- (AAX/OSX) tooltips enabled
- (WIN) Fixed authorisation issues with non ascii characters in name
- (AAX/WIN) Alt-click works on Windows 8
- (AU/OSX) increase the frequency of GUI updates from automation
- Added error message if serial not correct
- minor correction to the manual

happy christmas :-)

oli
The sustain problem is fixed in my setup and the midi learn is great! Thanks. And Happy Xmas to you and yours.
바보

Return to “Oli Larkin Plugins”