Some user questions Wideboy / Flexoid

Official support for: chriskerry.f9.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
can you explain:

1) Limit mixing A>B>C on/off ( I hear no effect )

2) Amp mode lin/analogue

3) Filter mix mode Bal/Analogue/Peak

4) Are the synths 100% SynthEdit or are you using custom modules?

Chris

Chris-S wrote:Hi,
can you explain:
1) Limit mixing A>B>C on/off ( I hear no effect )
2) Amp mode lin/analogue
3) Filter mix mode Bal/Analogue/Peak
4) Are the synths 100% SynthEdit or are you using custom modules?
Chris
1) Limit Mixing: A Hard Clipper at +/-10v is applied to the output of the mixed signals.
If you combine multiple Osc/Waves at max levels then clipping can occur - usually with all 3 Oscs active.
This can affect the tone going INTO the Filters - You don't have to use it.
There is a Soft-Limiter BETWEEN Filters A & B as an alternative option. Being Between the filters allows you to shape the tone of the distortion created :wink:

2) Amp Mode: Alters the AMP contour response. Some Synths use Linear mapping, some use Analogue(decibel'ish) mapping - it does alter the sound of the AMP Envelope.
Just do a quick A/B comparison and choose which sounds best to you - Analogue can feel 'tighter' but it's just personal preference in the end.

3) Filter Mix Mode: Like AMP Mode there are different response curves when mixing signals.
Linear gives a 50/50% mix at centre.
Analogue emulates a channel strip Balance/Pan control +3dB* Centre
PEAK gives +6dB* Centre
(*compared to Linear mode)

4) Are the synths 100% SynthEdit...
You don't get CPU performance like this with standard SE modules, especially when modulating the Osc pitch and Filter cutoff.
Over 90% of the modules are my own Custom ASM Coded CK_Modules - you can see them in the folder that SE creates.
The exact same modules are available for you to buy (if my website is allowed back online!) - but note they are only for 32bit Registered versions of SynthEdit.

Many of the best SE Synths out there use CK_Modules - there is a reason for that :D

Return to “CK Modules & VST”