CK_Modules (SE) VST/FX now Freeware

Official support for: chriskerry.f9.co.uk
Locked New Topic

magicmusic wrote:Here is a example of a slicer which features i mean. It have 16 patterns and its possible to create a song. but it have no ability to trigger with keys or pads to play live or that it easy can do play more pattern at once for multitrack

BTW: I have see in ezdrummer 2 Demo that it is possible with VST2 32bit and old magix music maker too, that the drumsong that is create in ezdrummer sequencer follow the DAW. Seem every cheap DAW support it. when i click on DAW during song play at measure 20, the DAW play at measure 20 and the ezdrummer jump to measure 20(in the sequence that is create insde ezdrummer) and play the correct notes. maybe this locate feature can add in your step sequencer arp so they play always in sync with the DAW. This is usefull, when with right side a playlist is used to create a whole song. Because it is not usefull, when a playlist is used and it must always start at bar 0
StepSeq and PatArp are looping playback, so tracking the host bar/beat position is not relevant other than for triggering on the Quantised points.
They only detect the 'Clocking' points for the next 'step trigger' not the position.

I know you like jumping back and forward in your songs to various points, but that is beyond the scope of the design of these VSTs. As I said previously, StepSeq and PatArp are designed to play 'start to end' and the PlayList allows you to set a song layout/structure to build more complex arrangements.

C.Kerry wrote:[

I know you like jumping back and forward in your songs to various points, but that is beyond the scope of the design of these VSTs. As I said previously, StepSeq and PatArp are designed to play 'start to end' and the PlayList allows you to set a song layout/structure to build more complex arrangements.
Your patience is as astounding as your synths and other software are outstanding.
바보

C.Kerry, though many have already said it, I just want to add my thanks to you for releasing these incredible plugins! I wish I had time to participate in OSC this month, because I would love to explore the depths of Flexoid, but I will have to settle for listening to the great music everyone else is creating with it.

Thanks again for what had to have been a monumental amount of work!

C.Kerry wrote:
magicmusic wrote:Here is a example of a slicer which features i mean. It have 16 patterns and its possible to create a song. but it have no ability to trigger with keys or pads to play live or that it easy can do play more pattern at once for multitrack

BTW: I have see in ezdrummer 2 Demo that it is possible with VST2 32bit and old magix music maker too, that the drumsong that is create in ezdrummer sequencer follow the DAW. Seem every cheap DAW support it. when i click on DAW during song play at measure 20, the DAW play at measure 20 and the ezdrummer jump to measure 20(in the sequence that is create insde ezdrummer) and play the correct notes. maybe this locate feature can add in your step sequencer arp so they play always in sync with the DAW. This is usefull, when with right side a playlist is used to create a whole song. Because it is not usefull, when a playlist is used and it must always start at bar 0
StepSeq and PatArp are looping playback, so tracking the host bar/beat position is not relevant other than for triggering on the Quantised points.
They only detect the 'Clocking' points for the next 'step trigger' not the position.

its ok, if you not add this.I only information you, that it is possible with VST2 .i need not use a playlist in seq or arp. but you write as i am the only guy that not hear a song complete if compose for example bar 19 20. And thats wrong. Or do you think in a movie score, when somebody compose the music at min 15. I guess nobody hear then all 14 minutes again. for make movie score it is too very usefull when you can compose live.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote:
C.Kerry wrote:

its ok, if you not add this.I only information you, that it is possible with VST2 .i need not use a playlist in seq or arp. but you write as i am the only guy that not hear a song complete if compose for example bar 19 20. And thats wrong. Or do you think in a movie score, when somebody compose the music at min 15. I guess nobody hear then all 14 minutes again. for make movie score it is too very usefull when you can compose live.
I think many other Users do play/compose from the middle of a song - but they know that they need to play from the start of the BAR or every 2nd or 4th BAR (or whatever the sequence/pattern size is) to synchronise the Seq/Pattern to the song. This is a very minor adjustment (if any) to composing because I know I always play several bars before the point in the song that I want to change.

I'm sorry if you think I am being disrespectful, that is not my intention at all. But you are the only person raising these issues; no one else has mentioned these things to me. I have modified the VSTs as much as I can and still maintain Preset compatibility for existing customers, and created a whole new VST to accommodate some of the features you need (Note/Prog Quantise)

If you want to commission a Customised VST Built to your own specification then you can contact me privately and we can discuss your requirements and the cost to develop it.

Presets play just fine but can't make any changes to any of them. Nothing I do seems to have any effect on the sound. Authorization seems fine as it matches what you posted above. Just can't make any programming changes.

Very odd.

wagtunes wrote:Presets play just fine but can't make any changes to any of them. Nothing I do seems to have any effect on the sound. Authorization seems fine as it matches what you posted above. Just can't make any programming changes.
Very odd.
That is extremely odd. Must be something related to your host.
The Authorisation doesn't affect anything to do with presets - it does affect sound, but since you can play presets that is working fine.

What Music Host program are you using?

Regards
Chris

C.Kerry wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Presets play just fine but can't make any changes to any of them. Nothing I do seems to have any effect on the sound. Authorization seems fine as it matches what you posted above. Just can't make any programming changes.
Very odd.
The Authorisation doesn't affect anything to do with presets - it does affect sound, but since you can play presets that is working fine.

Regards
Chris
I'm using Cubase 7

wagtunes wrote:
C.Kerry wrote:
Very odd.

Regards
Chris
I'm using Cubase 7
I'm sure others are using them in Cubase.

You say none of them respond to changes? the FX and the Synths?
Changing presets is fundamentally the same as changing individual parameters/controls so I can't understand what the problem is.

You are running everything on one PC right? not networked or multi-pc setup?

C.Kerry wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
C.Kerry wrote:
Very odd.

Regards
Chris
I'm using Cubase 7

Changing presets is fundamentally the same as changing individual parameters/controls so I can't understand what the problem is.

Running Cubase 7 on Windows 7 64 bit. Core 3, 16 gig RAM.

I only tried Flexoid. Tried turning several knobs after pulling up preset. No change in sound no matter what I did. It's as if the knobs had no effect on anything. I can try again if you like. Maybe my Cubase was having problems that day. I'll report back with the exact procedure.

Okay, pulled up Phat Saw Pad.

1) Changed Poly to Mono. Still plays Poly.

2) Changed voices to 8. No change in sound.

3) Turned master volume knob up and down. No change in volume.

4) Turned on ARP. Doesn't work.

5) Tried enabling FX. Nothing.

6) Tried adjusting OSC mix. Nothing.

7) Tried pitch bend wheel. No effect.

All it does is play whatever sound I pull up on the preset.

I can try using JBridge to see if that makes any difference, assuming this is a 32 bit plugin. It's the only thing I can think of.

wagtunes wrote:
C.Kerry wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
C.Kerry wrote:
Very odd.

Regards
Chris
I'm using Cubase 7

I only tried Flexoid. Tried turning several knobs after pulling up preset. No change in sound no matter what I did. It's as if the knobs had no effect on anything. I can try again if you like. Maybe my Cubase was having problems that day. I'll report back with the exact procedure.
Not every control is used in every preset. You should look for the Green 'Active' buttons and change controls in those sections. Changing controls for Oscillators or filters that are off will have no effect, also modulators need a source assigned to them - many are set to 'off' so moving that knob would have no effect - choose a source modulator from the pop-up when clicked.

C.Kerry wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
C.Kerry wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
C.Kerry wrote:
Very odd.

Regards
Chris

I'm using Cubase 7

Not every control is used in every preset. You should look for the Green 'Active' buttons and change controls in those sections. Changing controls for Oscillators or filters that are off will have no effect, also modulators need a source assigned to them - many are set to 'off' so moving that knob would have no effect - choose a source modulator from the pop-up when clicked.
Not the problem. Been programming synths since 1979. Know my way around them.

It was the Cubase bridge. it just wasn't working. I created a 64 bit JBridge copy and it works fine now.

Should have probably thought of that first. It's just I've never run into this problem before with 32 bit plugs. Either they worked or they didn't. This "in between" thing was weird.

wagtunes wrote:Okay, pulled up Phat Saw Pad.

1) Changed Poly to Mono. Still plays Poly.

2) Changed voices to 8. No change in sound.

3) Turned master volume knob up and down. No change in volume.

4) Turned on ARP. Doesn't work.

5) Tried enabling FX. Nothing.

6) Tried adjusting OSC mix. Nothing.

7) Tried pitch bend wheel. No effect.

All it does is play whatever sound I pull up on the preset.

I can try using JBridge to see if that makes any difference, assuming this is a 32 bit plugin. It's the only thing I can think of.
It is strange.
There are some points to consider though.
1) if you hold a chord and change to mono - the chord will still play. New notes will play in mono

2) changing 'voices' will not change the sound - that sets the total of polyphonic voices when 'Poly Limit' is ON

3) There isn't a 'Master volume' knob - unless you mean the AMP Master Env4 Volume knob - that should work.

4) Turning ARP on will play the Next notes played.

5) Turning FX on/off should have an effect on the sound - Reverb/ Echo/ Chorus/ Ensemble

6) Only the top 2 Osc-Mix knobs would change the sound on that preset.

7) Pitch bend wheel is not assigned on that preset - so moving it has no effect on the sound.

But some of those you mentioned should have changed the sound somewhat

:)

Hey! I may be late to the party but I'm not to late to say thanks!
I Keep It Real Like a Home Cooked Meal!

Return to “CK Modules & VST”