CK_Modules (SE) VST/FX now Freeware

Official support for: chriskerry.f9.co.uk
Locked New Topic

magicmusic wrote:what happen with your arp when there are 4 notes press at same time ?. Can it work, that the lowest note is on top of list(named as Note 1). I have now a mux wire working, and the key press on keyboard i send to the note mapper. the note mapper from MUX generate major 7 chords. now i connect in that way, that the major 7 chord notes that are create are put to your arp. but it happen randomly that on the first line Note 1, a other note is play, i press not the lowest. I use Fill mode. I want send all notes from Major 7 Chord, because then can build more complex bass patterns which fit easy to the chords.
The Pattern Arp Does depend on the order of the notes pressed because of the way it plays. It allows you to generate patterns using any note order because many more interesting patterns are created that way.

As you already know from the information about PatternArp; the FIRST note pressed plays the TOP ROW, the NEXT note plays Row#2 and the NEXT note plays Row#3.
In FILL Mode if you release Note#2(Row#2) then the NEXT note played will play Row#2.
This is the whole basis of the 'Interactive' aspect of the PatternArp.

If you play chords by just 'stabbing' at the keyboard, then human error will play different notes at different times in different orders - unless you are a good keyboard player.

I don't know about MUX or how it generates chords, but if it is a 'one-key' chord system then the chord notes should be sent in the same order, unless there is some 'humanise/random' feature, in which case you should turn it off. And of course you need to Release the last chord before playing the next chord, otherwise PatternArp will ADD/FILL the new chords notes to the existing pattern.

I dont know wy you think, i want test his patience, if you not understand, you can not give a judgement if my comments are exotic or help to make ck modules better or not. There are some things fix i report, and i have also donate 40 GBP as thanks for his work.
And your comments what most arps do, is not usefull, because i can do testvideo that show, that ck arp do this sometimes not in fill mode.

I think too, the arp should do this per Pitch(Note number). but it seem not work in ck arp. sometimes there is other note play. so i like a confirm if ck arp order the notes per pitch or per time press. and if confirm that it is do per pitch, then i can do a video that show that the arp do this wrong.

@Chris, thanks for your explain, i do later more tests and make a short video.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Well, if I had had commercial software on the market for years and decided to make it freeware, I guess I would like people to understand that it is basically abandonware, that people are free to use as is.

Instead, CK finds himself building new versions and spending more time on it than before. I don't think our voluntary donations entitle us to bug fixes or custom-made versions. A donation is a thank-you, not an order.

OK, I will leave this thread, it is quite off-topic.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Well, if I had had commercial software on the market for years and decided to make it freeware, I guess I would like people to understand that it is basically abandonware, that people are free to use as is.

Instead, CK finds himself building new versions and spending more time on it than before. I don't think our voluntary donations entitle us to bug fixes or custom-made versions. A donation is a thank-you, not an order.

OK, I will leave this thread, it is quite off-topic.
But you say perfectly right! Yes, a donation is a thank you, not an order for new features. At the maximum can be made some suggestions, but being aware that it's just suggestions. A donation is a thank you and a recognition of a talent, it must never be anything else, you're perfectly right.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Yes a donate is a thank you. And so i do. because the modules as they are, work not ok for me. but with the fix work better. also in the nag requester of ck modules stand that donate help to furtherdevelop.so it look not as abondanware as you write.

But i can report problem and video that show this here so maybe other can see and tell if they have same problem or what ca do to solve. In the video can see in the low speed that the ck arp or the seq skip 1 bar, when a loop is set in mulab and mulab begin at bar 1. I have set in mulab below to measure, so marker can only position at bar. strange wy it happen.

video remove, because clear now

The kirnu cream demo use 32 steps(forget to set to 16) ck arp use 16 steps but can still see after 2* ck arp loop at end of kirnu loop, diffrence of bars get larger and larger on longer play.
CK: I just tested PatternArp in MuLab6 and the timing is ROCK SOLID using the default LOOP.
Maybe you have not set the correct 'RESET' mode - please read the information on each Mode - this determines when the pattern is reset to the start. I used 'Play' mode since you only want to SYNC the pattern Start to the Host Play event once. *Can't see in your video what mode you are using.

When just playing about with the Arp, for 'free play/experimenting' then click the 'clock' icon - this lets the Arp play without having to press Host Play.
Last edited by magicmusic on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

I test in mulab 6 with the built in MUX. Here it work too on my System ok. If MUX 5 use as a VST Instrument in MUX 6 give problem. Use ck-arp without MUX in cubase 7 LE as instrument have the Problem(i can show video).The reset mode that is use doesnt matter. happen in free mode too. ck-arp have btw too same problem when use in MUX with cubase 7
CK: It's not really designed for LOOPING playback - that's just when you are messing about right? I never use Looping when recording/performing a track.
It is designed for playing songs start-to-finish and uses 'Host Position Sync detection' which is more accurate for start-to-finish sync. Obviously when you LOOP/jump back to a different position then this can cause issues - if you loop back to a BAR then it should be ok, but it depends on the PPQ resolution of the Host. Maybe reducing the audio latency would improve things as well.

Oh, there is an issue with Cubase. You should start your song at Bar 2 because during the pre-roll Cubase sends '0' positions repeatedly (appears like a very short loop) instead of counting in from a negative position.

CK: Well, I just had it tested on Nuendo and the timing is ROCK SOLID. So, I don't know what's going on with your system - probably the Latency setting that I mentioned before. My latency is below 30ms.
In Nuendo the L/R markers must be set BY HAND to Bars otherwise it has fractional position errors if you just drag the markers - so watch out for that. Cubase & Nuendo share the same audio engine AFAIK.
As i recall, Latency above 60ms exceeds the resolution accuracy I built into the Sync Timing (for loop back) - but what serious musician would ever use latency that high these days?
You should install ASIO4ALL - that is good for low latency ASIO driver support for all audio cards.
I use latency 10 ms on Soundblaster Z ASIO. But problem happen also if i use latency 2 ms. I use the free mode in Video. Maybe you can change the GUI that the registration E-Mail adress is show below, so i can show in Videos all settings i use and my E-Mail adress is not show. When i change reset to play and first Note, Problem is same. I test now with ASIO 4 all and the realtek HD onboard sound in cubase. Problem is same.

Its a really strange Problem. I test in Magix music maker now with MUX 5 VST instrument, and here it work ok.
What DAW use other users, with correct working arp and seq ?
maybe i should open a thread in the VST developer area, and somebody know what happen.
Last edited by magicmusic on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Did I say it previously, Chris?

With the new version of the arp and seq GUIs, I'm... HAPPY!

CK: Cheers! I'm Happy that you're Happy :tu:
And you've changed my whole approach to GUI design for future projects :D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

ups seem i press the change post button, because old post with cubase video is gone, and my answer is in above post.here it is, not that it is miss to read

I use latency 10 ms on Soundblaster Z ASIO. But problem happen also if i use latency 2 ms. I use the free mode in Video. Maybe you can change the GUI that the registration E-Mail adress is show below, so i can show in Videos all settings i use and my E-Mail adress is not show.
CK: Your Email address is NOT shown - only your name and general location, Country/State. So I don't know why you insist on saying it is your email address - If i made a mistake with your KeyCode then DM/email me a photo of your Authorisation Text and of course i will provide a different KeyCode - i mentioned this before also
When i change reset to play and first Note, Problem is same. I test now with ASIO 4 all and the realtek HD onboard sound in cubase. Problem is same. Edit I use buffer size for 10 ms
CK: The ASIO4ALL I use defines the ASIO Buffer Size in SAMPLES so it's strange you mention ms.
Are you sure you have selected the ASIO driver in your Host *AND* set the buffer size *in your HOST* - Hosts keep their own ASIO settings
e.g. If you select ASIO4ALL in MuLab and set the Buffer size, then if you load Cubase and select ASIO4ALL you need to set the Buffer size again.
Its a really strange Problem. I test in Magix music maker now with MUX 5 VST instrument, and here it work ok.
What DAW use other users, with correct working arp and seq ?
maybe i should open a thread in the VST developer area, and somebody know what happen.
CK: Yes it is a strange problem. One which I can't recreate here and in the several years that it has been used by my Paying Customers, not one has mentioned any timing problem. But maybe that is because no one uses the LOOP method that you do.

BTW: You are using INTERNAL SYNC not MMC or external midi sync right?

I send you private and a video that show how cubase show ms when change the buffer immidiate I think i use internal sync, because i not change anythink in sync. maybe you can see with the mulab 6 and the mux vst instrument Demo. download button below.

http://www.mutools.com/mux-product.html

Problem happen when use MUX in mulab 6 over VST too, but not when use the embedded MUX in Mulab 6

Thank you very much for the free plugins. Looking forward to using them in the OSC

Congratulations on having your CK Modules VST Jupitae Flexoid chosen for this month's KVR One Synth Challenge! Should be interesting indeed!!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5923326

:clap: :clap: :clap:
바보

The keycodes file link doesn't seem to work here. DropBox just says "loading" forever...

Hmmm...works fine for me (Firefox). Comes up as a text file.

I don't download it...just copied and pasted the whole into Open Office Writer.
바보

Ah okay, thx for checking. Had to allow cookies for DropBox. Strange that the other DL didn't use cookies though.

Return to “CK Modules & VST”