CK_Modules (SE) VST/FX now Freeware

Official support for: chriskerry.f9.co.uk
Locked New Topic

C.Kerry wrote:I have created a MIDI Note & Program Change Quantiser Tool which may be useful for synchronising Program Changes and help playing notes/chords etc.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=422013
Please read the information before using.
I realised that the 'Omni' mode of the first version was not so useful, so now i have updated it to have independent Channel settings for Notes and Program Changes.

If you donwloaded the old one, it is now Obsolete, please download again for the new improved version.

channel settings is usefull too, but i use always same midi channel on keyboard. I think more usefull is, if you like do, that there can a key range set, on which the note quantisation work. so can with the upper keyboard side play normal and with the lower keyboard side quantized. on arranger keyboards is the lower side for chords, upper side for melody.

From Sample tank3 is now a free version out, so you can test. you can add in Version 3 midi pattern to a key that play drum sequence. and if you use the keys from c1-c2 to trigger diffrent drumlops, quantize is usefull in this drum select area, because you need the key not press perfekt in sync, to choose another pattern.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote:channel settings is usefull too, but i use always same midi channel on keyboard. I think more usefull is, if you like do, that there can a key range set, on which the note quantisation work. so can with the upper keyboard side play normal and with the lower keyboard side quantized. on arranger keyboards is the lower side for chords, upper side for melody.

From Sample tank3 is now a free version out, so you can test. you can add in Version 3 midi pattern to a key that play drum sequence. and if you use the keys from c1-c2 to trigger diffrent drumlops, quantize is usefull in this drum select area, because you need the key not press perfekt in sync, to choose another pattern.
I added Low-High Note Range options. The Note-Off now maintains correct relative Gate time so it should be ok as everything is effectively just shifted in time.

Please post any feedback/comments etc. in the thread for this new VST, thanks.
No more new features can be added to this FreeWare VST.

Oh very nice!

Thank you Chris!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

thanks, i think all features are in now. I test your arp and stepsequencer on 64bit mulab with jbridge Demo now. arp work optimal, but on step sequencer, when play(play in sequencer is press), the blue bar do not walk. only when i press on keyboard and i use transpose key, the transpose number is show. strange wy arp work, but step sequencer not. step sequencer never send a note. arp work ok with your midi note quantizer too. maybe you can test on 64bit mulab 6 demo and jbridge demo(i use newest 1.65 Demo) and fix problem
CK: I don't test 32bit Bridged operation in 64bit Hosts simply because I can't do a single thing about it even if it didn't work - these are SynthEdit VSTs.

Ensure the VST AUDIO Outs are connected - some Hosts deactivate VSTs if the audio is not connected.

Maybe try setting the Bridge to keep the VST Always Active?

Have you double checked that you are not in 'KEY' clocking mode? :wink:
that will only play the next step when you press a key

I see now whats wrong.
Your modules do not find the keycode when use in jbridge. older plugins that have no keycode do not play.I have not update to the latest big sequencer update which work, but show nag screen without keyfile. When i enter the keycode the keycode is correct show. seem more a problem with jbridge. maybe you can tell how you access the directory or registry entry for keyfile. i write then the bug to jbridge developer. I guess more VST have problems when they access wrong dir or registry entry
CK: I just use the standard windows calls (XP compatible) to access the Registry
cubase 7 le 64 bit have a own 32bit bridge. the quantize VST GUI work and freeze not cubase. if it work correct with midi data, i can not test, because the LE version do not allow route of midi and it is only possible to have 1 VST /track.

pattern and seq open gui and freeze whole cubase 7 64. but its known that steinberg 32bit bridge is not good. But the correct text of my keyfile is read and show in arp and sequencer. No Nag messsage requester come as with jbridge. it seem jbridge read from diffrent dir.

I test also another solution to use with jbridge the 64 bit sample tank 3 Free(no 32 bit version here) in 32bit Host. In mulab/cubase 7(both 64bit) plugin(32bit that is create from jbridge) is not add. create an exception aeffect. I test on magix music maker(is only 32bit) and here sample tank 3 64 bit version work ok, when a option is set, for referesh gui correct. I dont know exact what, i check many on and test again, and redraw work ok then.
CK: As I said before, these are SynthEdit VSTs so there is nothing I can do about Bridging use in 64bit Hosts. Check the Host Bridge settings, some have many options to improve compatibility etc.

Also make sure you delete the old dll's if you add the big versions as DAW's seem to not find the big versions as long as the old versions are still in the VST folder. Probably the old and new versions share the same VST number...

fluffy_little_something wrote:Also make sure you delete the old dll's if you add the big versions as DAW's seem to not find the big versions as long as the old versions are still in the VST folder. Probably the old and new versions share the same VST number...
Yes, they have the same 4-digit VST ID Code because many Hosts wont load fxp/fxb presets if it has a different ID.

When save a sequence from your sequencer the file get a extension of apt. Whats this for a format. can this convert to .mid ?. Sample tank 3 support sequences too. seem VST offer this feature. Because i can drag the sequence to DAW and a element of Midi notes is create. this i test and work in mulab, cubase and music maker(sample tank with jbridge). So work with VSt 2.x plugins and need not 3.x feature.

Maybe you like too support load and save .mid files. so there can lots of .mid sequence load into sequencer ?
or is there a converter batch program that convert .mid files to apt ?

that the octave number in your plugins are diffrent to other i find the solution, when do transpose -12 before your plugins and after +12 then show same as other. this i like more, and with mux possible

magicmusic wrote:When save a sequence from your sequencer the file get a extension of apt. Whats this for a format. can this convert to .mid ?. Sample tank 3 support sequences too. seem VST offer this feature. Because i can drag the sequence to DAW and a element of Midi notes is create. this i test and work in mulab, cubase and music maker(sample tank with jbridge). So work with VSt 2.x plugins and need not 3.x feature.

Maybe you like too support load and save .mid files. so there can lots of .mid sequence load into sequencer ?
or is there a converter batch program that convert .mid files to apt ?

that the octave number in your plugins are diffrent to other i find the solution, when do transpose -12 before your plugins and after +12 then show same as other. this i like more, and with mux possible
The Patterns/Sequences use a custom format designed to be very compact. If you want to have the pattern/seq as a normal track in your host, just record the midi output from the VSTs - no need to save/import etc.

As I mentioned in another thread, my VSTs use the 'proper' note assignments where Middle C is C4 and A4 is 440hz. If you use any good H/W keyboard you will find the Cubase etc. note assignments are wrong and people have been arguing about this for decades. The simple fact is that Steinberg/Cubase made a mistake but never fixed it.

the keyfile is diffrent read from your plugins. depend on DAW is start as admin or not. happen in 32bit version too. I notice strange behavoir, when i move the mulab from C:\program filesdir to drive H. now your plugins are not detect. I try several times to add plugin. I notice such before, maybe its synthedit specific. I delete then the folders which contain your plugin name and contain .sep and .sem files. then add of plugin work ok.
CK: Moving your Host/VST plugins folder is never a good idea because many Hosts use an internal Cache or 'Information File' for VSTs. So you need to do a Full re-scan and some Hosts (steinbergs) require those 'Information Files' to be deleted first...
I read now the jbridge FAQ and here stand, that Problems come when not start DAW in admin mode. I start mulab 32bit as admin and sample tank 3 64 bit work with jbridge.same with cubase 32bit. but with cubase 64 bit no admin mode is need in sample tank 3. I prefer not run in admin mode.

I find a thread about this middle c Problem and feature request. c3 or C4. seem there are do many diffrent roland (c4) yamaha (c3) too.

http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/show ... hp?t=35897

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=171927
A4 is 440hz that is fact and C4 below A4 is Middle C, that's the end of the discussion as far as i'm concerned - i was a musician before being a programmer! If different brands use different octave numbers then there is no standard. I will keep it as it is because my note assignments match my H/W keyboards (Rolands)

Page 10, I'm way too late for the party, but I've just seen this and I want to say thanks for the VST/FX! :love:

I was often thinking about buying one or two of them in the past but then the GUI couldn't convince me...

Furthermore a big thanks for your Synthedit pioneer work, your modules are used in many SE synths! :tu:

Just a quick note about entering KeyCodes on 64bit machines.

If you run a 32bit Host on a 64bit machine the Keycode is stored in the 32bit section of the Windows Registry.

If you then run a 64bit Host, Windows uses the 64bit section of the Windows Registry so you MUST ENTER THE KEYCODE AGAIN.

and vice-versa.

what happen with your arp when there are 4 notes press at same time ?. Can it work, that the lowest note is on top of list(named as Note 1). I have now a mux wire working, and the key press on keyboard i send to the note mapper. the note mapper from MUX generate major 7 chords. now i connect in that way, that the major 7 chord notes that are create are put to your arp. but it happen randomly that on the first line Note 1, a other note is play, i press not the lowest. I use Fill mode. I want send all notes from Major 7 Chord, because then can build more complex bass patterns which fit easy to the chords.

You are really testing his patience, eh? :hihi:
In view of all the exotic things you are trying you should become a professional beta-tester :)

Again, I am not sure I even understand you. But most arp's don't care about the order in which you press the keys, they order all pressed keys according to pitch if I am not mistaken. There are a few arp's which have an as-played mode, which basically allows you to play entire melodies into the arp because the order is preserved.

Return to “CK Modules & VST”