Pédale Vite, a digital multi-FX pedalboard

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

During these years I’ve designed and built a multi-FX pedalboard for my own use. The latest iteration is based on a Raspberry Pi 4 and a custom audio interface.

The goal was to get a full guitar effect processing within a single box, with additional expression pedals. The footswitches can be configured to do almost anything (toggling an effect, activating a full effect chain, changing parameters…)

Here is the page describing the project in details. You’ll also find exhaustive building instructions, user manual, pictures and audio examples.

Of course the drawings, schematics and source code are 100% free and open source, so you can use and modify them to your liking.

Last edited by Fire Sledge - Ohm Force on Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, very impressive. Thanks for the hi-res images! Did you cut and drill the sheet-metal yourself?
Is the audio interface based on an off-the-shelf codec? I can see a TSOP on the audio interface board but I can't make out what it is. Did you design/layout the main and audio interface boards yourself?

Ah, I just saw that you used a Cirrus Logic codec. A very interesting project. I will read more about it!

justin3am wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:34 pmDid you cut and drill the sheet-metal yourself?
Yes. Everything was done at home, excepted the PCBs. I cut the sheet with saws, but it was not very easy. I had to do most of the work with a small handle-saw (I don’t know how it is called), and bent or broke a couple of blades. The windows for the display and some connectors were cut with a rotary tool (Dremel-like) with a cutting disc. The holes were done with a standard drill and different kinds of bits.
Is the audio interface based on an off-the-shelf codec? I can see a TSOP on the audio interface board but I can't make out what it is. Did you design/layout the main and audio interface boards yourself?
I designed most of the audio interface layouts, but borrowed and adapted some schematics from Uwe Beis. It was helpful for the differential gain stage, output, clock system and the power supply. I also followed some application notes from the IC datasheets.

Very cool and well-built project! Much tidier than my DIY efforts, I have to confess :oops:

Congratulations! :clap:

Very nice work, I struggle to get a simple overdrive pedal finished so in awe of your dedication to this. :)

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”