Raspberry Pi Bat Detector

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SparkySpark wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pm
SparkySpark wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:46 pm
kryptonaut wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:40 am
SparkySpark wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:52 pm I read the stuff on your web page and also noticed your thoughts on different sounds and communication amongst bats. My brother is a scientist in biology and he asked a colleague about this, in relation to your webpage. Here is the answer (it's a Google translate, so linguistically it's a bit off, but you get the picture):
Thank you very much for your interesting post. I haven't been aware of any clicks without using the detector, but I remember as a teenager I used to be able to hear bat calls, presumably pipistrelles, right at the limit of my hearing range. That was around 40 years ago though, and I can no longer hear such things - hence building the detector! :)
:)
You're welcome, it's very interesting actually. I personally wasn't aware bats were communicating with their sounds... but then again, why shouldn't they? I too grew up in Uppsala and remember hearing the bats by the river. Haven't heard them for a while, now that you mention it. Must be because of the --> :phones: :wink:

Anyway, nature is fantastic and I'm glad you get this opportunity to experience it. Let us know if you can hear the insects eating wood!
I bought an ultrasonc mic from a company in Uppsala a few weeks ago - it is a great mic (Petterrson) - must be something in the air up there lends one to dream of bats

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:48 am I bought an ultrasonc mic from a company in Uppsala a few weeks ago - it is a great mic (Petterrson) - must be something in the air up there lends one to dream of bats
:D Had no idea we made those things in Uppsala! Darn, those USB mics surely look tempting! :o

https://batsound.com/product/u256-usb-u ... icrophone/
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:56 am
fairlyclose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:48 am I bought an ultrasonc mic from a company in Uppsala a few weeks ago - it is a great mic (Petterrson) - must be something in the air up there lends one to dream of bats
:D Had no idea we made those things in Uppsala! Darn, those USB mics surely look tempting! :o

i got the u384 and it is better than expected. Not a lot of noise compared to others I have seen, and the android software is cheap and good as well

SparkySpark wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:56 am

That looks like a rather nice gadget!

But making your own on a Raspberry Pi give you (even) more cred. :D
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”