Chernobyl Synth/ Maybe MIDI Controller Concept

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some sort of Instrument, or something, inspired by the Chernobyl Control Room/Chernobyl in general.

The instrument would be made out of the same/similar metal to the one used in the control panels, shaped like the control panels, and have buttons and switches that look like the ones on the control panels.

And it should glow in the dark.

Especially if it's constructed from weapons grade plutonium

And no one will go near it for years
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

you'll need 10 fingers to use it.

on each hand :o

Treat it carefully else Chernobyl fall off

Fox_GAMING_NTF wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 am Some sort of Instrument, or something, inspired by the Chernobyl Control Room/Chernobyl in general.

The instrument would be made out of the same/similar metal to the one used in the control panels, shaped like the control panels, and have buttons and switches that look like the ones on the control panels.
Shows f**king bad taste. Chernobyl exploded in our back yard, and spred radio activity more than 5 times Hiroshima in the surroundings.
What next - do we see the Hiroshima sample pack? - listen all the sounds of burned people.
In mid/northern Finland, Sweden and Norway, after more than 30 years of the Chernobyl, we still mesure residue in our soil, blueberries etc.
And the Russian authorities didn't even care to inform their neighbours the explosion. :dog:

It isn't meant to be an insult or anything, just an idea.

So the Hiroshima sample pack is still a possibility then?

Fox_GAMING_NTF wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:11 pm It isn't meant to be an insult or anything, just an idea.
I quite like the idea. And I love the image that was posted by whyterabbyt. Old military style UIs look great.

Whilst I was half joking about the thing glowing in the dark - I would totally consider that as a design feature.

Unaspected wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:32 am And I love the image that was posted by whyterabbyt. Old military style UIs look great.
Its an image of a valve signal generator by Dan Wilson at the Hideaway Studio website; he reconditions old valve gear, has also done some sample sets with them as well.

Also see Hainbach's videos for someone actively using similar old signal generators and the like.

Ive actually got one that I think is the exact same model as the picture, that I bought off ebay for about £15 as a nonworking shell. Got 3 or 4 others as well. I dont have the skills to rebuild them, and doubt I could afford to pay someone to do that, but in the never-never land that is my list of ideas and intentions, it'd be nice to turn them into control surfaces for something.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Some of WOKs vst's were a bit in that style

Forgotten wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:04 pm So the Hiroshima sample pack is still a possibility then?
i think they dropped it ages ago

Unaspected wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:32 am
Fox_GAMING_NTF wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:11 pm It isn't meant to be an insult or anything, just an idea.
I quite like the idea. And I love the image that was posted by whyterabbyt. Old military style UIs look great.

Whilst I was half joking about the thing glowing in the dark - I would totally consider that as a design feature.
Yeah. I was thinking like maybe a nuclear rod type thing. Like, the Simpsons green glowing rod thing. Oof.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”