DIY help

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fox_GAMING_NTF wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 am I'm perfectly fine with building it, it's just that I'm new to all of this stuff, and don't entirely know where to look.
Your biggest and most acute problem may be that you have no idea just how much stuff is "this stuff".

Your first task should be to develop an appreciation for the amazing reality inside the simplest electronic devices by doing some preliminary reading on basic analog electronics and digital logic. Understand how the most complex devices are composed of simpler circuits, experience vertigo when you get an indefinite hunch of just how tall the complex tree of compound simplicity is in your everyday ordinary technology, get a genuine sense of wonder and awe at the fact that apparently the all-of-it not only functions (at all) but is stable over periods of time that are astronomical from perspective of the physics it's all based on and the odd combination of crudeness and sophistication of the mediums through which it's actuated, then on your trip back down to earth allow your mind to pause and have a mild panic attack from daring to think consciously about something so strange and fragile.

Honestly, if you actually want to build and develop stuff instead of just concepts (nothing wrong with that), the best advice I could give you is just to start tearing things apart, buy some components/modules/MCU's and essential tools, try things, break things, build things, read, read and read. But don't go around doing just anything without first researching it, especially when it comes to disassembling random machines. There are many hazards you wouldn't know and couldn't imagine.

Also the first things you should learn by reading is how to get killed by electricity, then accept pedantry as your new identity, lifestyle and savior, and with conscious guidance develop all your working habits, methods and routines around avoiding death. Then, avoiding injury. Last, avoiding damage to devices. Educate yourself about the chemical hazards as well.

If you want some more specific pointers, I can try to think of some, but you'd have to give a clearer picture of what you want to achieve (generally, not particularly in this project).

stearine wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:36 pm
Fox_GAMING_NTF wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 am I'm perfectly fine with building it, it's just that I'm new to all of this stuff, and don't entirely know where to look.
Your biggest and most acute problem may be that you have no idea just how much stuff is "this stuff"...

Also the first things you should learn by reading is how to get killed by electricity, then accept pedantry as your new identity, lifestyle and savior, and with conscious guidance develop all your working habits, methods and routines around avoiding death. Then, avoiding injury. Last, avoiding damage to devices. Educate yourself about the chemical hazards as well.

Great post, especially those two points.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

i recommend using MAX/MSP, macro knobs in an instrument rack & external instrument triggering it to mic output to trigger whatever channel/s u want . It's a fun way to limit yourself creatively and explore different ideas

happy monday btw lol

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”