88 key fatar keybed using Teensy 3.6, countinous pedals and etc.

...and how to do so...
ulph
KVRist
89 posts since 7 Jan, 2011 from stockholm, sweden

Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:53 am

Hi!

Just wanted to share a little hack of mine - my main keyboard is a gutted Studiologic 990 but I was not happy with the keyboard 'brain', so I rolled my own.

https://bitbucket.org/ulph/fatar88lux

It's based on a teensy 3.6, and has some good features like release velocity, multiple (extendable easily with code tweaks) pedal support, and some silly features like adding pitch wheel 'noise'...

It's by no means pretty code, but as I think this could be very useful for someone tinkering or as inspiration I thought I should share.
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

justin3am
KVRAF
10788 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Re: 88 key fatar keybed using Teensy 3.6, countinous pedals and etc.

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:49 am

Thanks Ulph! I've been spending a lot of time with Teensy lately. I've mostly been using it as a USB host for MIDI controllers but going forward it would be helpful to work directly with keybeds, ADCs and switch logic.

ulph
KVRist
89 posts since 7 Jan, 2011 from stockholm, sweden

Re: 88 key fatar keybed using Teensy 3.6, countinous pedals and etc.

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:15 am

I found it rather straight forward actually... discussing this project over at pjrc forums of course they suggested different means of scanning, but I opted for simply using the plethora of IO. It's plenty fast, in fact I had to scale back the scan rate so that the cirtcuit had time to go high/low...
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”