Sequencer 1978

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Found a magazine called 'Hifi for Pleasure' from Feb 1978. It contains instructions for an analogue seq. ( i think from a series about building a synth). Some photos below. If anyone is interested, i can do HQ scans and upload...

high res image hosting

high res image hosting

high res image hosting

Bump

That could be interesting, worth scanning if you have the time if only for archival reasons. Maybe crosspost to reddits r/synthdiy subreddit, sure people there would be grateful.

Now I'm curious about the HFP Synthesiser, don't remember seeing one of them mentioned anywhere before.

Hello AnX - I'm really interested to read the article. I can just about read the photo of page 30 (the last image you posted above), but not the others. I'd love to see some higher res images please.

OK, i'll scan them and upload with links here. If i havent done it by say Weds, give me a bump :wink:

GaryG wrote:
Now I'm curious about the HFP Synthesiser, don't remember seeing one of them mentioned anywhere before.

I did try and track down other copies of the mag to see the actual synth, but no luck

GaryG wrote:Now I'm curious about the HFP Synthesiser, don't remember seeing one of them mentioned anywhere before.
+1 Would be interesting to know about that to.

Full marks to the OP, this kind of historical material is very interesting. I can imagine artists like Martyn Ware building their own equipment in this way back in the '70s.

Those 4000 series CMOS ICs are lots of fun and very easy to use. More about the different types here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_4 ... d_circuits

The 4046 PLL is one of my favorites. Or the 4060. They are pretty powerful and dosn't require a lot of supporting circuitry to get interesting stuff from them.

I also recommend checking out Electronotes. An enormous resource for music applications of electronic circuits. To this day, synth designers find inspiration from Bernie Hutchins' work.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”