Search microphone... Maximum flexibility, woodwind recording

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, I am aiming for the maximum flexibility, but also decent quality (target: personal use, not professional level) for recording of my clarinet playing. Stuff goes later into Studio One 3 for further processing.

I don't think such thing exist, but this would be my optimal solution:

- "Conservative" Microphone
- With a Micro SD slot
- Recording to wave files
- No cable
- Transfer to PC as easy as possible - WIFI

Is there something close? I really want to record without a cable, because e.g. I want to do it in rooms where there is no computer. Don't want to use my notebook for this.
I have no traditional audio hardware, i.e. IF there is a cable, it should be USB. Or something that Soundblaster Xfi can handle.

Thx

Im not aware of any microphones with Wifi and/or MicroSD. Did you want a kit, or is this something you want to build from scratch? You're basically talking about a microphone with some sort of embedded controller, really, so maybe you should think about a regular microphone to something like a Beaglebone Black with a Bela shield...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

see below :arrow:
Last edited by Michael L on Fri May 05, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

To me, you are describing a phone with an clip-on or external microphone. An old iPhone 4s with a matching Rode iXY and the Rode Rec app would do everything you want for about $150.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:To me, you are describing a phone with an clip-on or external microphone. An old iPhone 4s with a matching Rode iXY and the Rode Rec app would do everything you want for about $150.
Yeah, but this is the DIY forum.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Michael L wrote:To me, you are describing a phone with an clip-on or external microphone. An old iPhone 4s with a matching Rode iXY and the Rode Rec app would do everything you want for about $150.
The question is so confused to begin with, are you really surprised?

ghettosynth wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
The question is so confused to begin with, are you really surprised?
Non-English speaker, benefit of the doubt....

Thanks for your input guys, yes, didn't recognize this is a do-it-yourself forum. Iphone + Rode is interesting, but I think I'll better go for a Tascam like solution.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”