Use a secondary keyboard just for macros

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys/girls,

I just watched this video and I felt it might be useful for some of us that hate to use key combinations and also for those that has no more keys left to assign or for those that find hard to remember all kinds of key combination. So there is a solution, you can use a secondary keyboard and set key combinations to a single button without messing with the main keyboard. There is some tinkering involved, but this is really useful.

As we all know windows will recognize every keyboard you plug in as a main keyboard no matter what and how many you plug in, but there is a trick that you can do, presented in the video below, that helps with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arn8ExQ2Gjg

Enjoy!

I did something similar recently:

Using the Teensy processor (green thing on top right), you can program as many "layers" on your keyboard as you want. So I have a layer for QWERTY typing, one for DVORAK, and one layer for macro's. It's not music related but it's the same concept that can be done with any style of keyboard.

Point being, instead of multiple keyboards, you can have multiple layers. You can also set up a "Function" key that switches layers only as you hold it. So something like "Fn + C" would perform a macro, versus "Ctrl + C" being copy, etc.
Rode NTK | FMR RNP | FMR RNC | Focusrite Saffire | Mac Pro & Logic Pro | Adam A7's

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”