Korg MS20 Micro (3d print)

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made a 3d model of the Korg MS20 Mini and printed it at Shapeways. It can be used as a keychain. I think it looks pretty good though I had to do a lot of compromises to make it printable 8)

KungKrille wrote:I think it looks pretty good though I had to do a lot of compromises to make it printable
So it doesn't actually work then? ;)

That's awesome, great work. In my ignorance, is it coated/plated or is that finish in the material it's printed with?

It is metal. I ordered stainless steel but got this instead. I'm not sure but this is probably raw brass or bronze.

KungKrille wrote:It is metal. I ordered stainless steel but got this instead. I'm not sure but this is probably raw brass or bronze.
There is an optional bronze finish for steel items. Pure bronze seems to cost about 3 times what steel does.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I got a reply from Shapeways about the yellowish shine and they told me it is steel but it's mixed with bronze. It's described in the material information (that I never read):

"This material is 3D printed 420 Stainless Steel infused with bronze, and has a final composition of approximately 60% steel and 40% bronze. The way that bronze infiltrates into the steel can vary, and this changes the color of your product. If there is a higher concentration of Bronze near the surface of the product, it will take on more of Bronze's deep brown color."

I think it looks cool anyway :)

Looking good! :)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Are you going to make it available for other people to purchase?

Wondering the same thing. Id buy one depending on the price.
It's about time i got rid of my fat Elvis keychain.
Nicely done btw.

I would love to make it available to other people but it would be a quite expensive keychain. A 3d print in stainless steel as on the photo costs about €32 (shipping excluded).

What about making the .stl file available for people to print where they want?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:What about making the .stl file available for people to print where they want?
+1

Well, I will think about it. I will probably do a few changes before that happens as I wan't the model to look as close as possible to my initial design. It's almost there :)

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”