New Custom Music Desk

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bftucker wrote:Do you have a mechanism to keep the "keyboard tray" from tipping when it is pulled out (or pulled out too far?
I need to get specs on the real thing before I can show it, but it will have quad-slides. One on each side on the sides, and one on each side on the bottom. They will be full-extension slides.

Yeah, I don't want my controller to take a tumble if I slide it out too far. ;)
Blue Phase Music

FWIW, Argosy and Omnirax consoles sell for super cheap used. I got my Agosy o2r console for $100 and then modded it to fit my requirements:

Uncle E wrote:FWIW, Argosy and Omnirax consoles sell for super cheap used. I got my Agosy o2r console for $100 and then modded it to fit my requirements:

$100 omgwtfbbq :o

softska wrote:$100 omgwtfbbq :o
These things are hard to sell because of the shipping. I actually hear lots of people getting them for free from people who are moving and don't want to take them with them.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I'm sure there are deals to be had out there, but I'm really looking for something custom, and I'd like to do the actual building, myself. I have the equipment, so why not use it, eh? :)

Here's one showing off the end-grain of the 13-ply Baltic Birch:
MusicDesk160414-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blue Phase Music

I have been following this thread for a while and have a question.
how are you planning to join elements? screws plus glue, screws only? some examples/links would help :)

I've been going back and forth about that in my head, but I think I've settled on a CNC snap-fit method. :) The attached image looks rather weak, but mine would be more substantial than what's shown.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blue Phase Music

interesting... so i presume that you are making the actual design but parts will be manufactured. if so, the overall cost is going to be rather substantial.

I'll be manufacturing the parts, as well. We have a CNC wood cutter. :)
Blue Phase Music

right :)

Changed a couple of things up. Actually, there are a couple more minor changes not reflected here; you'll just need to trust me on this. :hihi:

Went with a one-piece work surface, which will be detachable for getting this beast through doors.

I think I like this a lot better. Also, no knuckle-splitters above the keyboard tray.
MusicDesk160719-1.jpg
MusicDesk160719-2.jpg
Blue Phase Music

Amazing! :hyper:

Uncle E wrote:Amazing! :hyper:
Thanks! :)

Just to make sure, you know this is a render, right? :oops:

I'm still in the design phase getting some of the bugs out. :)
Blue Phase Music

Just curious what people think of the color scheme.

Thanks!
Blue Phase Music

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”