New Custom Music Desk

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is what I need to break apart to cut out of flat sheet:
NSD-Shoulders-160329-08.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blue Phase Music

Back to this tonight. Modeling for reality (to work out bugs and see if I missed any parts) and miniature.
MusicDesk160412-1.png
Should have something to show by the morning. Modeling will be simple (almost too simple. 8) ).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blue Phase Music

Already found an issue that I didn't catch in CorelDRAW. Need to shrink the top of the keyboard shelf cutout on the two inner uprights by 3/4-inch. The side desktops aren't attached to anything toward the inside in this image.
MusicDesk160413-1.png
MusicDesk160413-3.png
Blue Phase Music

The bug is worked out. :)
MusicDesk160413-4.png
Blue Phase Music

Snazzy!

Nice Job... :tu:

Thank you! :)
Blue Phase Music

Last one for now, showing rack rails.
MusicDesk160413-5.png
Blue Phase Music

How 'bout some color?

I'm still deciding on colors, but this is what I'm leaning toward.
MusicDesk160413-7.jpg
Blue Phase Music

Nice!

Looks like you've got some rendering artifacts there, maybe increase
your light samples a bit. Or not, its been some time since I've used
3D max, I am no longer familiar with the renderer I'm afraid.

I used to be very fond of mental ray though =)

-Cheers

I'm not using Mental Ray, actually. It's iray, which is normally amazing, but it sometimes has issues with highly reflective surfaces. The only solution is to add render iterations, I'm afraid. iray is a time-based renderer. I can have a preview image (such as this) in a matter of seconds to a couple of minutes, whereas a finished, show-off render would take however much longer, but I can set the time of render (or iterations, if I choose). For example, not including scene-translation and texture-baking, the attached image took 30-seconds to render on an FX-6100 CPU and two 660 GTX 2GB GPUs. I couldn't have gotten this level of detail and "finishedness" in that time with Mental Ray on my PC. :)

It's okay. I'm not so worried about it with this render. It was only a quick, couple-minute render, FAR faster than I would've gotten out of Mental Ray on my ancient system.
Blue Phase Music

Ahh, I am not familiar with iray either... :ud:

It certainly looks like its path tracing though, if there is a parameter to increase
your merging radius you should be able to clean that up quite allot, at the expense of some bias
but not too much render time.

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:Ahh, I am not familiar with iray either... :ud:

It certainly looks like its path tracing though, if there is a parameter to increase
your merging radius you should be able to clean that up quite allot, at the expense of some bias
but not too much render time.

-Cheers

Nope, no settings for iray other than time. It's a PBR (Physically-Based Renderer), so all light is treated as physical.

It's a matter of reflective surfaces. Reflections add tons of finished render time, but previews (such as my image above) take next-to-no-time.

Here's one I did with 3500 iterations (the first color image I posted was 1250):
MusicDesk160413-9.jpg
Blue Phase Music

What do people think of the color scheme?

BTW, this will be made from 13-ply Baltic Birch plywood. I don't remember if I've posted that yet, or not.
Blue Phase Music

I couldn't help one more beauty-shot. :oops:
MusicDesk160413-11.jpg
Blue Phase Music

Do you have a mechanism to keep the "keyboard tray" from tipping when it is pulled out (or pulled out too far?
바보

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”