Input for a few DIY amp projects

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have ordered a ceriatone matchless dc 30 clone. I will put it into a 2x12 tube town matchless cab. I might use the speakers that are in an original matchless, but I also consider to put celestion alnico blue speakers in it to make it more Vox-like. But Alnico Blues are terribly expensive! Are there cheaper alternatives to these?

Also, I have a 77 Marshall JMP Master model 50w Mk2 Lead head. I want to take the amp, restore it (not in a good condition), and put it into a 2x12 combo cab. I might use a 2x12 Bluesbreaker cab, but are there any other 2x12 cabs that can be recomended? I also wonder what speakers to choose for this, can you suggest some for me, and please, tell me WHY you recommend it...
Forwards in all directions!

www.myspace.com/pavlovshunder

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

glokraw wrote: http://www.aikenamps.com/

click the Tech Info, then click Introductory or Advanced.
(great glossary, and many white papers) for vast troves of knowledge! :-o

The site does not list nested url changes, or I would post direct links.
Cheers

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”