Final word about plugs - short version

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neutrik :love:

do you say new-trick or noy-trick?

99% of the plugs I've got on my cabling are Neutrik, (or RS-branded Neutrik clones which seem exactly the same), but its cost me a small fortune so far since they're about £3 each here. I could have bought a small synth for what they've cost so far.
Got a 10-way loom the other day with Neutrik Rean plugs on it, they look solid, and the bodies are slimmer which helps a bit in the patchbays. We'll see how it goes.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

:oops: sorry, messed this up.
Wanted to post short and long version simultaneously.
This short version alone doesn't make too much sense. :oops:
Oh well, tabbed browsing and dumb operator ... :roll:
Lol,
susiwong

GaryG wrote:do you say new-trick or noy-trick?
no trick :D

seriously, just dawned on me what you really meant :
Since they're based in Switzerland (everybody say cheeeese :P ) I'd say noy-trick, probably.
Sorry for the initial misunderstanding,
susiwong

:)

I was genuinely curious, for years I referred to the 70s German band Neu! as New but then saw a documentary where people said 'noy'.

Apologies to the Germans for my utter ignorance of your fine language. :)

Neutrik are from Liechtenstein, where there are more registered companies than there are citizens. :-o

I love the clicky/clunk feel as you push them home. 8)

fateamenabletochange wrote:Neutrik are from Liechtenstein, where there are more registered companies than there are citizens. :-o
That's why they only build these small thingies ... :P
Not enough room for a big factory there. :shrug:
Lol,
susiwong

sorry about the Switzerland confusion.

the banks are big though.

the times I have wrestled with 1/4 in. jacks, too loose, too tight, suddenly come out after seemingly being araldited in there, slip and smash something. Or it is so loose, you have to give it a nudge to make contact and say a prayer.

Neutrik charge alot for the perfect design.

fateamenabletochange wrote:the banks are big though.

the times I have wrestled with 1/4 in. jacks, too loose, too tight, suddenly come out after seemingly being araldited in there, slip and smash something. Or it is so loose, you have to give it a nudge to make contact and say a prayer.

Neutrik charge alot for the perfect design.
My favourite hate-thing :x with many 1/4" plugs, even expensive ones : when the press-fit of the tip starts getting loose, producing crackles and contact issues - Neutriks or ReAns just don't do this. :shrug:
Ymmv,
susiwong

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”