DIY (do it yourself) forum request

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let me offer a suggestion:
since a lot of the potential topics for this forum will require research, how-tos, schematics, parts and so on, I'd like to see a "resources" sticky with good links, maybe divided in a few separate categories.
I promise to add some cool resources in case somebody takes up that task.
Cheers,
susiwong

For sure. One of the most difficult things I had to learn was how to compile a BOM. If there was a sticky that had info about what to look for in terms of SMT v. thru-hole and the different packages that parts come in, it would be really helpful. Especially if there were a reference guide to common parts on digi-key and mouser.

Things that an experienced builder might take for granted; like what different types of solder are for, what different iron tips are for, what gauge of wire to use for signal v. power supply.

This is gonna be a lot of fun.

I'd be honoured to help out in whatever way the forum deems I'd fit in...

I think there should be some stickies..such as soldering, smt serial numbers/cross references, schematics, that type of thing...oh...and a compilation of various sites such as Digikey's and Mouser's websites...those websites have good resources as well.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

ooh, it's there, nearly posted a stupid 'first!' post but thought Hink should have the honour. :)

Resource stickies is a good idea, maybe online resources too? I'm thinking of things like the webtools on Music From Outer Spaces site (online schematic designer, various calculators etc.): http://www.mfos.com

OK. Here we are.

susiwong wrote:Let me offer a suggestion:
since a lot of the potential topics for this forum will require research, how-tos, schematics, parts and so on, I'd like to see a "resources" sticky with good links, maybe divided in a few separate categories.
I promise to add some cool resources in case somebody takes up that task.
Cheers,
susiwong
oh of course, I think this kind of goes without saying...it's been said that you can learn anything on youtube...a lot of these people would be grateful for links to their youtube. So many skills can be linked to for the purpose of saving time, if at one point someone finds a link that makes an already exisiting link obsolete I see no problem updating the stickie.

Also resources for parts and with any luck at all the thread will fill up quickly and perhaps at one point it will need to be split by category with sevral stickies :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Thank you Ben, I shall not let you down :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Ben [KVR] wrote:OK. Here we are.
Cool, and all the circuit bending threads have been moved.

Thanks Meffy and Ben.

Hmm... what happens if I press this new "x" button. :hihi:

Ben [KVR] wrote:OK. Here we are.
Thank you. :)

nice ...new forum, and New Mods for it!
Always loved Hink's build it projects!

Nice stuff!
Paul

thanx Paul :)

Thanks to everybody involved !
susiwong

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”