DIY (do it yourself) forum request

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think a DIY forum is a great idea :)

But we have to agree that the first person to mention power tools or Home Depot gets at least a temp ban. :hihi:

robojam wrote:But we have to agree that the first person to mention power tools or Home Depot gets at least a temp ban. :hihi:
Absolutely. You must build your own human-powered tools from materials you find locally. No using factory built transportation* to source materials! That's cheating! THIS IS DIYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
________
*unless of course you built the factory by hand.

Does this include growing your own wood? :love: :love:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

justin3am wrote:
robojam wrote:But we have to agree that the first person to mention power tools or Home Depot gets at least a temp ban. :hihi:
Absolutely. You must build your own human-powered tools from materials you find locally. No using factory built transportation* to source materials! That's cheating! THIS IS DIYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
________
*unless of course you built the factory by hand.
there is no life without a dremel and depending on the build a cordless drill with a screwdriver bit is a must...for instance building a cabinet or a pedalboard :P
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Let's do this! :party:

trimph1 wrote:Does this include growing your own weed? :love: :love:
FTFY

Registering interest in this as a new forum.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

OK. Decide amongst yourselves what it should be called and what the description below it (that describes what the forum is for) should be and I'll create it.

Moderators: the usual KVR mods and ?

Ben [KVR] wrote:OK. Decide amongst yourselves what it should be called and what the description below it (that describes what the forum is for) should be and I'll create it.

Moderators: the usual KVR mods and ?
justin3am or trimph1 ?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

DIY:build it and they shall come, and how to do so...

Ben [KVR] wrote:Moderators: the usual KVR mods and ?
As in ? from ? and the Mysterons?

Cool.

vurt wrote:DIY:build it and they shall come, and how to do so...
+1

and besides coming up with the concept I would like to have something to do with it as I have earned a rep as a diy person and KvR as given me so much I would like to give something back. Maybe my thread in EE about my pedal I built could be moved as the first thread :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
vurt wrote:DIY:build it and they shall come, and how to do so...
+1

and besides coming up with the concept I would like to have something to do with it as I have earned a rep as a diy person and KvR as given me so much I would like to give something back. Maybe my thread in EE about my pedal I built could be moved as the first thread :shrug:
+1 to vurt's suggestion;
and I think Hink would make a good mod for the forum; not to mention thanks, it was his idea.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Ben [KVR] wrote:Moderators: the usual KVR mods and ?
justin3am or trimph1 ?
Wow... I'd be honored. Part of me thinks Hink would be a better fit, but I would definitely do the job, if asked.

+1 on the "DIY: Build it and they will come..." title. I like the sound of that.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”