Shruthi-1 DIY hybrid synth!!!

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, it IS open source- get coding!

like as I suspect the majority of us here. I am no coder.

@ topaz - I still think you can do this with MIDI Pipe, it's what it's designed for ... just needs to be configured correctly.
Aural Chaos wrote:Well, it IS open source- get coding!
:tu: :hihi:
... space is the place ...

seeing how my co-mod in the diy forum is the op and this thread predates the diy forum do you suppose a real mod could move this to the diy forum?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

topaz wrote:like as I suspect the majority of us here. I am no coder.
Me neither, that was kind of tounge in cheek, but it's true that a drawback like you mentioned is probably something that could be overcome.

vurt wrote:im still waiting for more of that sampler thingy you got :damn you:
i need to fire that feller up again sometime now i have my studio set up again :band:

Tried many ways. Even had help from the carillon guy but no joy.

I'm doing it with bidule now.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:@ topaz - I still think you can do this with MIDI Pipe, it's what it's designed for ... just needs to be configured correctly.
Aural Chaos wrote:Well, it IS open source- get coding!
:tu: :hihi:

I just found out that Shruthi kits are available in Europe as Tubeohm Phoenix, with wide selection of filter options. I like the sound, and the features are awesome on paper.

Is there something not to love about this little mono?

No CC, only NRPN and not all hosts record NRPN.

.jon wrote:I just found out that Shruthi kits are available in Europe as Tubeohm Phoenix, with wide selection of filter options. I like the sound, and the features are awesome on paper.

Is there something not to love about this little mono?

topaz wrote:No CC, only NRPN and not all hosts record NRPN.
Can you be more specific, is it broken somehow? The system accepts both CC and NRPN according to the manual, see this implementation chart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... utput=html#

Shuthi only sends NRPN, so for instance if you use live no way to record knob movements.

Ok, I see, thanks for clearing that up! I don't have the need to use it as a MIDI controller so this is not a problem for me.

Now I just have to decide which filter.

No, it's not about using it as a controller but about not being able to record automation in an out.

topaz wrote:No, it's not about using it as a controller but about not being able to record automation in an out.
According to the manual the synth parameters respond to MIDI CCs, so I can use any of my existing controllers to record automation in Live. There's no need for the 4 knobs on the Shruthi to send anything out.

Ok cool, but for it was a killer not being to record the tweaks.

I had a polivoks shruthi but sold it, way too frustrating to use.

Enjoy.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”