Circuit Bending

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have a Roland R5 that i dont use..i was going to sell it, but ive seen some vids of a circuit bent one that looks quite good. If i could get that done i would prob use it, so....

as i know f-all about this kinda guff, anyone know of ppl that do it? Ideally i would want to send it off, im not going to do it myself

UK only please

thanks

Maybe Circuit Benders can do it ...

http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

One thing to keep in mind is that when you bend something you greatly increase the chance of it dying on you as your making the components do things they are not supposed to do.
I had a bent TR-626 once and the guy that done it said if I like the sounds I'd be best to sample it straight away, as each bent instrument sounds a little different and he couldn't garantee how long it would last.

You should also be aware the bends can change things like timing , which you normally want to be unaffected.One of the bends on my 626 meant it would sound great but the sequencer would be all over the place, making it unusable.

If your fine with something that's more or less garanteed to die on you and you may not be able to repair it back to sounding the same , go for it.

http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/ have been at it for years. You should check out there site and forum.

thanks, i'lo have a look there later

im not bothered if it dies, like i said , i dont use it anymore, but if its cheap enough to make it useful again, it may be worth a go.

Kriminal wrote:thanks, i'lo have a look there later

im not bothered if it dies, like i said , i dont use it anymore, but if its cheap enough to make it useful again, it may be worth a go.
Knowing stuff can die like that makes me too paranoid to want to own bent thing's.
The dude that was doing mine charged £6 per bend + postage there and back. Not sure how much circuit benders will charge but that should give you a ballpark figure.

Acid Mitch wrote:
Kriminal wrote:thanks, i'lo have a look there later

Knowing stuff can die like that makes me too paranoid to want to own bent thing's.
The dude that was doing mine charged £6 per bend + postage there and back. Not sure how much circuit benders will charge but that should give you a ballpark figure.
Here is an easy circuit bend you all can apply to all your gear If you want, just go over to the power and turn it off and on many times. Wow what a blow out. Make sure you have some recording equipment on to capture this very special moment. :D

I know sometimes circuit bending or circuit modification can lead to discovering something, but its fairly risky on anything of value unless your in the know. On the otherhand comiting violence to a useless nonfunctional audio toy or a piece of crap can be quite satisfying and is to be applauded. :D

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”