CIRCUIT BENDING ... Mini forum in a single thread !!!

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

brain bending?

You™ wrote:Of course it is a matter of taste, but I think bending appeals to those who are fascinated by chaos, non-linearity and randomness - a refrain from the desire to control every aspect of the creative process.
that describes the vast majority of circuit benders.
And it's fun to take things apart.
and this sums up the remainder.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

Ive just been finding out that there is a cardreader adapter taht you can hook up to a hadrware c64... W00t! :o

If it works I could use me old c64 with music app images - I didnt want to use my old Music Maker tapes as they are VERY OLD...

I find when everyone else is asleep I can often stay up till 5am - 6am reading up on stuff I never even thought about!

Wonderful resource BUT it makes you realise that you'll never know EVERYTHING :(

mckenic wrote: I find when everyone else is asleep I can often stay up till 5am - 6am reading up on stuff I never even thought about!
Have you got (young) children ?
If God did exist (and he doesn't) he would answer to the name of Maurizio

:hihi:

Nah - since I got sick Im at home with my parents and brother... Im the guy that fixes taps/plugs/computers - picks people up from work - drives to the supermarket etc...

Nightime is all my own!

:tu:

Dave

from the leapfrog product site:
"The silly giggle, flashing antennae and wobbly walk of this musical pull-toy tickle a toddler's funny bone - and keep children's attention as they learn. Children press any of the 26 multicolored legs to hear letter names, letter sounds, colors or a melody. Or they press the button on the back for a special musical surprise. And pulling the Alphabet Pal plays the "ABC" song."

i heard the letter name mode at a friends house last night and i suspect this thing would be a blast to circuit bend. they cost about $20.

it's difficult to add to this thread when you keep getting this new "spam alert" thing...

CC4 wrote:it's difficult to add to this thread when you keep getting this new "spam alert" thing...
yeah ... seems some URLs trigger that ...

slainte :shrug: rob

pHz wrote:
CC4 wrote:it's difficult to add to this thread when you keep getting this new "spam alert" thing...
yeah ... seems some URLs trigger that ...

...so it's a specific url, and not just having a whole lot of them?

i think so ... the last lot of URLs i added to the main list in this thread triggered the spam alert ... but with some trial and error i narrowed it down to a specific one (initially i too thought it was the number of URLs in a single post that was the issue) ...

thanks ... lists updated ...

slainte 8) rob

Great to see this mini-forum up and running!!!

I have a question!!!

I'm pretty new to this and I'm currently bending a 1980 Italian built speak and spell...

my problem is that the circut board on this is quite different to the boards I've been able to get clear examples of... Basically I can't find two points to wire a pot through to get a pitch shift sweep... I can get the pitch to drop significantly through touching the circuit by hand but just can't find a point to wire a pot to so that I can sweep... the dig. at...

http://www.oscillateur.com/cb_schems.php

is very similar and yet the bend dose not work on my machine... the pot simply sits normal pitch in mid position, and only alters the pitch by a semi-tone (half step) or so at its extremes!!!

Can anyone help me out!!! Oh!! Reed Ghazalas book is not particularly helpful with this build of the speak and spell!!! Seems the US built boards are pretty different...

cheers!!!

slug!
mi ya!!

any chance you could post a pic of the board ???

slainte :ud: rob

pHz wrote:any chance you could post a pic of the board ???

slainte :ud: rob
Of course!! Its a little blurry though... poor scanner!!

As I say, from the rear, the board appears to be exactly the same as the one I mentioned before, its also identical to the one Reed Ghazala gives for the "speak and maths" machine in his book... but the bends both sources give dont seem to work for me!!

Thanks for taking a look!!! :D

hope thats big enough and not too big!!! :?
mi ya!!

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”