RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's the quick tip:

on PC: launch notepad and type this:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BigTick\Rhino2]
"defaultGain"="0.25"
Change the 0.25 value to whatever gain you'd like (0.25 is the default. It was 1.0 in Rhino 1.09).
Save this file as "rhino2gain.reg" and double click it, click "yes", and forget about it.

on Mac:
in a terminal type:

Code: Select all

defaults write com.bigtick.rhinoCM '{ "DefaultGain" = 0.25 ;}'
'Tick
Last edited by Big Tick on Mon May 20, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cool thanks! That worked very well. Set mine to 0.75 and it has given me the added volume I wanted without any adverse effects. I wonder how trading patches between users with different default values will work. Say I left mine at 0.25 and programmed a bunch of patches then gave them to someone who bumped their default gain to 1.00. Wouldn't those patches then be way too hot? Perhaps mentioning the users default gain when trading patches would prevent any problems. Thanks again for the tip! :D

Being lazy ;-), I saved three of these files with the corresponding gain indicated in the file name >

"rhino2gain0_5.reg"
"rhino2gain0_75.reg"
"rhino2gain1_0.reg"

so it's only a double click from now on, if I want to change it ;-)

I copied the gain file from Big Tick's site and boosted gain, but I'd like to try different values. I attempted the above settings exaclty, made sure it was saved as a .reg extension, but I keep getting an unable to import message. Any suggestions?

EDIT-- Weird. When I saved the notepad file I typed to .reg it would not import. I opened Big Tick's file in notepad, changed gain to 0.5 saved as .reg and it works. I compared what I had typed with Tick's and they were exactly the same expect for the gain. Oh well.

Return to “Big Tick”