Extract fxb to fxp files for browsing in Bitwig? (OS-X)

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to break the fxb banks into separate fxp files as this would enable me to browse Rhino banks using Bitwig's preset browser? It does load fxb but you have to load the whole thing, it doesn't show the separate presets. I know programmes like Cantabile on Windows can do this but don't know of anything for Mac.

The only way to convert fxb to individual fxp's, is through a host loading the plugin.
You can do it easily with Zen though, using the 'bank import' feature.

So any other way to do this on Mac? - Zen doesn't work properly.

This is weird, I tried extracting the files on Windows using Cantabile but that didn't work either - it should just extract fxps from the fxbs but maybe they are non standard?

There is no way to extract fxp from fxb for plugins that use chunks (which means 99% of modern ones).

Ok thanks - it seems there are several different ways of doing FXBs then, I thought it was a standard but I'm having similar problems with the FXBs in Blue - these do extract but the extracted files don't always appear to match the presets they are named after (the weird thing is sometimes they do if you load the same preset twice!) I had the same problem with importing Blue FXBs into Kore, although Rhino imported fine there.

Return to “Big Tick”