Future of Zen?

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for reminding me Zen.
I used it some years ago with Oatmeal, and i felt i had a substitute for omnisphere.
It crashed a lot i think and i removed both.
Now i own NI synths, and i should give it a try again.

And this Akai idea seems great.
I ll remember it if i ever upgrade my keyboard

Big Tick wrote:The Zen database library, on the other hand, is rock solid and this is something I would love to see integrated in other products.
Is it possible to add a VST from my local machine that is not in the pre-populated list in Zen? I have so many that aren't there that it makes it far less useful. If I could do something to add them it could be a total solution for presets.

Tim Henderson
The Music & Recording Toolbox

Drag the vst into the plugin columns of the Zen browser.

First of all, I subscribe to the praise of timandmonica about the Zen idea. I love it!!
And we understand it is not developed further, at this point, at least ;) But the user's community should stick together to help each other.

Is there a forum or user group we can use? I promoted Zen a lot and would like to support others using it.

Btw, on one of computers when starting Zen I get an error with Windows title "Couldn't create filter" and the message "This plug-in failed to load correctly". I tried reinstalling, copying files from a working installation, but to no avail. Any ideas?

This forum is probably the best place - this is where users always end up apparently.

This error is weird. Are you sure it's a Zen error, not a problem with the installation of one of the various vst's ?

Hi, thx for helping. An, honour!
Well, the error comes up when I start the standalone version before any gui appears.
And also after a reinstall with empty database. Is there anything sensitive in the registry?

The strange thing is that this error message is nowhere to be found in Zen source code. Do you have the same error if you try the plugin (not the standalone) ?

Big Tick wrote:The strange thing is that this error message is nowhere to be found in Zen source code. Do you have the same error if you try the plugin (not the standalone) ?
I understand the logic about the error not being in the code. So, it must be something "around it". And yes the error is similar in the DAW EnergyXT, with the window title "VST" and error msg "Failed to open Zen."

And loading it up in minihost produces an error "C:\Users\......\Zen.dll is not a valid VST plugin!"
Yes, I don't have Zen in the default folder, but it always worked in this folder, on other machines as well as this one before.

Maybe a 32/64 bits issue ?

Return to “Big Tick”