Step by step how do I move presets off drive C

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've tried altering the homepath properties and moving them and the database to another drive, result blank database.

I've tried using pluginmanager which does move and still work, but adding to presets adds to both drives.

I just want Zen to run off my drive E as C is an SSD drive with hardly any space, so that means all presets, database and the like just can run from the same folder hopefully.

Any help greatly appreciated :D
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

Google about symlinks a bit. :)

I tried symlink and hardlink software (too apprehensive to map myself). Neither did the trick, wouldn't it be easier just to make an edit to a file and have the folders elsewhere. Mind you that's what you're doing with symlinking.

When I symlink, it just echoes what's on drive C to drive E, so Zen is still saving to C but symlink is copying to E.
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

bookofthoth wrote:When I symlink, it just echoes what's on drive C to drive E, so Zen is still saving to C but symlink is copying to E.
No, its not copying anything. A symlink is a redirection. It means the files look as though they're on C but they're actually on E. The redirection happens 'behind the scenes' so its invisible to software and there's only one copy of anything stored - on the path the symlink points to.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Symlinks are definitely the easier way.

Otherwise you can change the zen.homePath entry in the properties file. So for example in order to move your files to D:\Zen you would:
- set zen.homePath to D:/Zen/
- move both the presets folder, and the zen.s3db file to D:/Zen
- keep everything else in C:

I did exactly that changed the zen.homePath entry and didn't save the presets to where the path was.

Tried symlinking and got into all kinds of weird stuff. Zapped Zen, started again and symlinked before the install, seems to be working, except some presets are stuck flashing downloading. Others are going through ok.

Might be nice just to have an option in future as to where to store presets on the installation?

Return to “Big Tick”