Zen 1.7.1 update

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:No it's keeping patches playing that have a long release even after I have switched to another plugin.
Well, yes, this is as intended so you can quickly play through different presets and still have the release play nicely. Do you think it would be better to fade them out abruptly ? I actually have this in the code, commented out because I didn't like so much how it sounded.

In any case, it is limited to 4 "fading-out" playing presets. Did you manage to get more than 5 (4+1) green squares at a time ?

You can also change this number in the config file, see the line that says:

Code: Select all

# The maximum number of plugins playing at the same time
zen.maxPresetTransition: 4

Big Tick wrote:I think I know why. I just fixed a bug (in 1.7.2, not released yet) related to matching the "local" synths (i.e your local Diva, that you created when you first dropped the plugin into Zen before Diva was known from Zen) with the "server" synths (the one with 102 patches).

I can either send you a beta of 1.7.2, or if you email me your zen.db, I'll fix your database (even if you prefer to get 1.7.2, I would like to have a look at your db, just to understand what's going on exactly).

Thanks,

'Tick

PS. Your "Clavitar" preset is fantastic. So much fun to play ! :)
Thanks - I guess that would also explain why imposcar 2 in my plugin list it still has [ ] round it and only has 1 preset next to it and is still not downloading the patches I see next to the imposcar 2 (without the [ ]) in the options list

Yes, same thing. If your zendb.s3db is not too big, zip it and email it to bigtickaudio@gmail.com

Ok, got the file. Here is what happened I think, you uploaded them while there were still a large number of presets being downloaded. The way the upload works, the preset gets re-downloaded immediately as it becomes a 'server' preset. However, since you have a lot of presets before it in the download queue, it takes quite a bit of time before these presets get downloaded again. This is not optimal, I agree, and quite confusing in that case. I'll need to improve that.

For now, if you disable all your synths except for Diva and Modelonia, then switch the online button off/on, you should get your presets back in no time.

Your impOscar2 looks good to me now. The one you have a match problem with is Aalto.

Aalto doesn't seem to work anyway - it loads but all presets just say default so I guess it doesn't show preset names to the host

imposcar still doesn't appear to be working properly - I did what you suggested and only selected Diva and Modelonia and they are showing their presets now but then I selected just imposcar 2 and it just says "downloading complete" at 1 preset but I can see over a thousand in the database.

Now it's downloading something - presumably imp2 presets as it's the only thing selected - but the number by the plugin is still stuck at 1 and they are not showing up in the browser window

Left it downloading all afternoon yesterday but imposcar 2 is still at 1 preset and even that doesn't show in the browser.

hmmm ok, send me that db again ?

Had a bad experience with zebra 2.
During surfing through some presets there was a ultra earkilling loud Noise. Then Zen hangs up.
Zen 1.7

This was fixed in 1.7.1

:( :( Now it seems to be recognized by Orion 8 during its vst scanning but when i try to load Zen it makes Orion crashed ! ... am really really disgusted !!! when could i try it in Orion ? :cry:

:( ..tried the new beta and it's the same ! :(

It works fine for me in Orion 8.5 demo.

:? Yes i know some Orion users already said to me Zen worked well on their achine ! I really don't know why mine doesn't want to work .

xp pack 3

Intel core Quad Q8200 2.33ghz + 3G RAM

It seems to work in standalone ..but i still need to find how it works lol

it's a good debut since the others versions didn't work at all ....

Hmmmm, you're not trying to load the x64 version in Orion 32bits, or the other way around, by any chance ?

Return to “Big Tick”