Zen 1.7.1 update

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah, maybe this is because imposcar2 was flagged as PC-only. So the ImpOscar you see is ImpOscar 1. The next time you start Zen it should resync the synths list, you should see ImpOscar2 in the list.

I see Imp 1 and 2 in the list - but only 2 has [ ] round it and a question mark for preset number.

Yes, this is normal. You created Imp2 on your system by dropping the vst into Zen. It is identified as "local-only" synth with the [] around it. And it has nothing for the preset number, because, well, it is not a synth managed on the cloud.

At least, until yesterday (as Imp2 was tagged as PC-only on the server). Now I have changed Imp2 on the server, so what should happen (and this will be an interesting test), is that the next time you start Zen, at some point it will resync the synths list, receive Imp2 from the server, and match it with your local [Imp2]. Then it will realize they are actually the same synth, and merge them. Your [Imp2] will become Imp2, and start downloading presets.

Big Tick wrote:Yes, this is normal. You created Imp2 on your system by dropping the vst into Zen. It is identified as "local-only" synth with the [] around it. And it has nothing for the preset number, because, well, it is not a synth managed on the cloud.

At least, until yesterday (as Imp2 was tagged as PC-only on the server). Now I have changed Imp2 on the server, so what should happen (and this will be an interesting test), is that the next time you start Zen, at some point it will resync the synths list, receive Imp2 from the server, and match it with your local [Imp2]. Then it will realize they are actually the same synth, and merge them. Your [Imp2] will become Imp2, and start downloading presets.
OK the [ ] are off so I'll see if it can load a preset without crashing now when some have finished downloading

btw can I make the plugin list sort alphabetically?

Also this cache thing - it keeps adding plugins to it and their voices keep playing when I open another synth. Can it be turned off please?

Crap - I just tagged and uploaded 100 presets of mine for Diva and another 50 nearly for Modelonia - only now I have reopened it they are gone!

aMUSEd wrote:btw can I make the plugin list sort alphabetically?

Also this cache thing - it keeps adding plugins to it and their voices keep playing when I open another synth. Can it be turned off please?
The voices only keep playing if you have the sustain pedal on, or a note pressed down. Is it doing this will all plugins ?!? :o

I can see your Diva and Melodonia presets on the server, so they are definitely not lost.

I noticed a problem with the installer (Win 8 64 bit):
The VST plugin path (automatically set in the properties file after installation) was missing the slashes (C:PrivatVstPlugins) and therefore screwed up the plugin scanning.

In standalone I noticed 2 problems:

- The selcted sound card did only work after a restart of Zen
- The IO configuration dialog is a little bit too small, the midi out is halfway hidden

Running it standalone is really nice! I really like the seamless switching between sounds of different plugins!

It would be great if you would move on with Zen in the direction of a host for playing live, i.e. adding the possibility to create layers and splits.

moss wrote:It would be great if you would move on with Zen in the direction of a host for playing live, i.e. adding the possibility to create layers and splits.
See this: https://bigtick.uservoice.com/forums/20 ... ons-to-zen

Already voted :-)

moss wrote: - The IO configuration dialog is a little bit too small, the midi out is halfway hidden
Can you post a screenshot of this ? I don't see anything wrong with it here :(

Ah, I see. Checked on my office PC there is quite a lot of space left. Seems to only happen if you have a Soundcard with lots of ins/outs then the "Active" boxes enlarge. Can send you something later but I think it is clear what happens.

Yes I got it. Thanks !

Big Tick wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:btw can I make the plugin list sort alphabetically?

The voices only keep playing if you have the sustain pedal on, or a note pressed down. Is it doing this will all plugins ?!? :o

I can see your Diva and Melodonia presets on the server, so they are definitely not lost.
No it's keeping patches playing that have a long release even after I have switched to another plugin. Sustain is not on. I can have several going on at once and keep having to rightclick on the green squares to close them down to one. I would prefer if it didn't have this caching going on in the first place.

I can see in options the plugin list shows Diva with 102 patches and Modelonia with 51 - these were all imported and uploaded by me so why on my system is Diva only showing 4 now and Modelonia 1?

I think I know why. I just fixed a bug (in 1.7.2, not released yet) related to matching the "local" synths (i.e your local Diva, that you created when you first dropped the plugin into Zen before Diva was known from Zen) with the "server" synths (the one with 102 patches).

I can either send you a beta of 1.7.2, or if you email me your zen.db, I'll fix your database (even if you prefer to get 1.7.2, I would like to have a look at your db, just to understand what's going on exactly).

Thanks,

'Tick

PS. Your "Clavitar" preset is fantastic. So much fun to play ! :)

Return to “Big Tick”