Zenification requests

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, OPX Pro II should work since it's compatible with Pro I. I am not sure how to handle Pro II specific presets, though. I need to try a few things first, the main issue is that Pro I and Pro II share the exact same plugin ID.

Big Tick wrote:Yes, OPX Pro II should work since it's compatible with Pro I. I am not sure how to handle Pro II specific presets, though. I need to try a few things first, the main issue is that Pro I and Pro II share the exact same plugin ID.
Hey Bigtick, I bought OPX Pro II recently in part to it being "zenified" and it would nice to get version II presets working in zen, so I am sending a pm to Peter regarding this.

Regards, James

sunhome wrote:
Big Tick wrote:Yes, OPX Pro II should work since it's compatible with Pro I. I am not sure how to handle Pro II specific presets, though. I need to try a few things first, the main issue is that Pro I and Pro II share the exact same plugin ID.
Hey Bigtick, I bought OPX Pro II recently in part to it being "zenified" and it would nice to get version II presets working in zen, so I am sending a pm to Peter regarding this.

Regards, James
No need to - I already have Pro2. But I need to decide how to handle it, because the way they made it, it shares the same FXID than the previous version. So when importing a fxp, Zen wouldn't be able to tell if the file is for OPXPro, or Pro2.

'Tick

I've just enabled ImpOscar, using some of Howard Scarr's fxp files. Since I don't have the plugin, I can't test it is working fine, and I can't define the default slider assignments. Anyone here has it, and can confirm it is working fine ?

I just emailed Claes at vemberaudio regarding adding Surge and will let you know what he replies and on another note did you pick up on my mention that I bought a synth because it had been "zen"-ified :)

Regards, James

ImpOSCar works fine :tu:

Anything I can do to help you defining the default sliders?

bM3w wrote:ImpOSCar works fine :tu:
Awesome ! This means I can also try the same thing with the other GForce synths.
Can you check with them if they are ok to have the factory presets uploaded ?

Regarding the default sliders, yes, make your assignments, and I'll PM you for the details.

OK, just sent them an inquiry. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from them.

Just activated Oddity too - someone please confirm it's working fine.

The latest beta now has the capability to activate any plugin locally - which means the end of the zenification requests :D

Got no reply from VemberAudio Surge - so which beta are you refering to as I would like to use it asap.

Regards, James

1.6 beta 3. Just drop the surge .dll into the plugins list.

And for designers, here is a quick checklist before uploading a new synth:
- make sure you have defined slider assignments.
- make sure you tested that importing presets works ok.
- make sure playing through presets with the synth UI closed works ok.

Zen is awesome, but its not very stable when combined with XT, the glitch pops up the most when opening the VST. Could be a GUI conflict or something? Presets seem to use a bit more CPU in Zen than in the VST by itself too. Anyway, then it crashes XT. It's probably XT's fault and not Zen's though. :(

What I do is I browse the sounds I want, then I'll load up the synth without Zen in the same track using that preset, so I can still use Zen as an awesome preset browser. :)
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

Does this happen with all vst's, or only some ?
Your workaround is not very convenient, it kinda defeats the purpose of using a preset manager... I'll come up with something, some way for Zen to notify its host so that you could directly, from Zen, ask XT to create a new VST with the desired preset. Of course you would need to persuade the XT people to support it...

Return to “Big Tick”