Zen betatesting

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Big Tick wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Seems to be a bug with ACE in the latest build (I wonder if it's due to the 2 extra controllers) - if I am using the public.params file in the ACE support folder (this enables automation ID's to be fixed) I get a crash every time trying to load ACE. If I temp move the params file it loads fine.
What does this file do exactly ?

'Tick
It has something to do with what params are exposed to the host - maybe check with Urs for more detail?

Yes I'm discussing this with him - can you send me your public.params file ?

I think the database might be misbehaving.

At one point yesterday I definitely had 140 public patches, 132 of which were Synth1. Last night this fell to 139. Checking this morning I find I've only got 138 public patches, 130 of which are Synth1. So I compared Zen's list of list of my public Synth1 patches with those I know I've uploaded and find that 'FX Pixelz' is missing from the Zen list. Now I'm certain I'd attached my Author name to this patch, but a search for 'FX Pix' under my name yields no results. Okay, so I click to import this and get the 'A preset named FX Pixelz already exists etc' dialogue and sure enough its there - but without my Author tag.

I also suspect that other tags that I've attached have gone astray, particularly in the process of uploading patches from my local list to the public list. There's been several instances where I clearly remember adding a tag, a couple of times when I've created a tag just for one patch, and later find that the tag is not attached.

I wouldn't entirely rule out error, or misunderstanding on my part, but I'm pretty sure that there's something else going on here.

Big Tick wrote:Yes I'm discussing this with him - can you send me your public.params file ?
What's your email?

Just got this when selecting one of my private patches:
Couldn't find preset file. Redownload?
Redownloading doesn't find the patch.

aMUSEd wrote:
Big Tick wrote:Yes I'm discussing this with him - can you send me your public.params file ?
What's your email?
OK I'll just post it this way:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/com.u-h ... params.txt

it's just the same one everyone has though afaik

Logana problem (ZEN standalone mode):

When the plugin UI is closed, all presets retain the last mono/poly setting. So if you have the UI open, choose a poly preset and close the UI then all presets are in poly mode. Choose a monophonic preset while the UI is open and close it, all presets go to mono mode.

When this happens, opening the UI will still keep the behaviour although the mono/poly switch on the UI will show the state that is set in the preset. Switching to another preset with the synth UI open resets to correct behaviour. Also staying on the same preset and switching the mono/poly switch obviously restores the preset to the setting that corresponds with the mono/poly button.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug in Logana (iirc I've seen this earlier, before using ZEN) so you might have to contact guitarbro about this.

EDIT: after starting ZEN and NOT opening the Logana UI, all presets are monophonic. This goes for the factory presets as well, they all sound mono while in fact there are two set to poly (you can see this with the UI opened).
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

hakey wrote:There's been several instances where I clearly remember adding a tag, a couple of times when I've created a tag just for one patch, and later find that the tag is not attached.
"FX Pixelz" has no author tag for me either.

What could have happened is:
- You tagged the preset, but when uploading the tags to the server, the connection was unavailable - so your preset (locally) had the author tag, but the server version didn't.
- Someone else saw this preset without tags, and categorized it. So your instance of Zen downloaded the new tags list and applied it - and voila: the "author" tag was lost.

EDIT: I checked the logs for this preset:

2010-09-10 14:02:43 Sound Effect
2010-09-10 22:30:13 Pad

So the "author" tag was never received.

Well, my wireless internet connection is temperamental, to say the least! So perhaps this is the cause some of the problems I've experienced (and I still wouldn't completely rule out user error - ie me ;) ).

This is a weird one - just installed the latest version and my ASIO settings under "device" are coming up in what appears to be Japanese!! (my OS is UK English)

The interface also seems to be getting too dark and faded - I can barely read anything in the various columns here:

also what's this "set price" thing?

You're a preset designer so you can also use it to sell presets. This is where you define the price for your presets before uploading them.

The Japanese text in the drivers selection is my mistake - wrong Unicode thing for one of the fields.

As for the UI colors, this hasn't changed in a while. Maybe you can try editing the colors.ini file ?

Any chance of getting Zen to work with Z3ta+ v2.0? I have a lot of Z3ta presets, so it would be really nice to be able to categorize them in Zen, but Zen won't currently work with Z3ta+ 2.0. It would be nice to see it work with Dimension Pro & Rapture, too...

What happens if you drop the Z3ta+ 2.0 dll into Zen ?

What happens if you drop the Z3ta+ 2.0 dll into Zen ?
It registers the dll with Zen, just like any other VSTi, which is fine. But when you call up Z3ta and press the right-arrow to browse to the next preset, nothing happens (since that's not how Zeta browses presets).

If you use Z3ta+'s built-in preset browser to move to a new preset, you get the error message 'Potential Duplicate: A preset named --- already exists for synth Z3ta+ 2. This preset seems to have different data. Import it?' if you respond 'yes,' it imports it with the title '---' instead of the preset name shown in Zeta+. This happens no matter which preset you choose -- all the presets are imported with no name, so you can't tell one from another. (Having 500 Zeta+ presets, all named "---" is not helpful.)

If you drag and drop .fxp files onto Zen, you get the error "this file belongs to an unknown plugin." If you drag and drop the preset onto Z3ta+ instead of Zen (with Zen set to auto-import), you get the error message 'Potential Duplicate: A preset named --- already exists for synth Z3ta+ 2. This preset seems to have different data. Import it?' just as you did when browsing presets with the preset browser. I can't figure out any way to get presets with proper names into Zen for this VSTi. Any suggestions?

Return to “Big Tick”