Zen betatesting

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just enabled Olga, as requested by some Cockos/Reaper enthusiasts :)
[edit].. and the mono/fury as well [/edit]
'Tick

new version 080310 - now you can drop a fxb on the presets list, and it will load this bank into the current synth (assuming this is a bank for this synth). Also fixed autoimport for some of the new synths... and enabled Oatmeal.

'Tick

SJ_Digriz wrote:*Cubase 4 poof on patch change
Cubase seems tricky to write VSTs for. I know from my SynthMaker forum friends that if you don't get the order of parameters just right, Cubase can choke.
Cubase also needs parameter names to be different.

Yes, but since Zen is simply proxying whatever info the final plugin would normally exchange with Cubase, it doubt this is it.

ok, finally got my hands on the Absynth PC installer, so I can reproduce the crashes - indeed Absynth doesn't play friendly with Zen. Must be something about the number of I/O. I'll get this fixed.

On a side note... I'll be away will limited internet access for the next 2 weeks. So don't expect many updates during this period.

'Tick

I'm back - with a new Zen update !
Absynth should now work without crashes. I have also moved some of the tags into a separate "timbre" category, and sorted the synths list alphabetically.

'Tick

New version 082610: you can now create your own categories, timbres, banks and designer names. They are created as local tags, but the server gets notified. That way, I will be able to make frequently-created tags global.

'Tick

Oh, and for user-created tags: you can create sublevel tags too - just start the tag name with one or two '-' characters.

Big Tick wrote:New version 082610: you can now create your own categories, timbres, banks and designer names. They are created as local tags, but the server gets notified. That way, I will be able to make frequently-created tags global.

'Tick
Great ! :)

I'm not sure if it's intended but I did manage to upload preset with the same name twice.

1. I created preset for z3ta, imported it, uploaded (preset name: Sunset To Sunrise)
2. Then, I don't know, 2-3 hours later, I realised that I made a mistake so I changed ADSR Decay / Sustain settings for this preset.

Clicked Import. Popup came telling me that the preset already exists and if I want to overwrite it (??? not sure, Don't remember what it was exactly :) ). I picked yes. Then I clicked upload on this "green" preset hoping that it'll overwrite the one already existing on server. But nope. It created another one and as a result there are two presets with same name, created by the same person (me)

well, yes - the 2 presets are different since you changed some parameters.
The popup asked if you wanted to import it anyway, not overwrite. By clicking yes you accepted to create a duplicate.

This is not such a big deal, I just recalled one of them, and in a little while it should disappear on your end too.

'Tick

no major issues, anyone ? can we go public with that one ?

How do you get the offline updater thing working?

Also can it have 8 sliders to correspond to Kore's 8 knobs? - might be ironic but also Zen is a good complement to Kore and I have found that if you make a simple 8 macro knob template for it the names update with the plugin which is neat

This would also be a much more Zen approach to NI

For the offline updater, just set Zen UI offline, and run the ServerUpdater.exe separately. Obviously you won't see updates immediately, but nevertheless the updater is, in the background, downloading new presets and categorization updates.

Adding 2 more sliders in there shouldn't be a problem - if they can fit in the limited space.

'Tick

Big Tick wrote:For the offline updater, just set Zen UI offline, and run the ServerUpdater.exe separately.
Do you mean run the server updater from my other computer? (the one that is online)

Return to “Big Tick”