Zen users i need your help...

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello calling all bigtick zen users i need your help if any one has collected the database for the plugin and preset data please please please hear me out there was a system failure where i work and we were unable to recover the zen database so i'm asking anyone who has theirs still intact if they could share it
zens online function is no longer working and i don't know what else to do i have contacted them but haven't gotten a response so your my last hope. :pray: :pray: :pray:

we mainly need the synth1 presets we have an intern trying to rebuild the list but synth 1 is too much of a job to do since theres no way to mass extract fxp files from it that we could think of.

if you have zen the database is located on pc

C:\Users\your pc name\AppData\Roaming\Big Tick\zen

Why dont you just download all the synth1 fxp presets, and drag/drop into Zen ? done !

Your original Zen database had 7798 presets listed for synth1 last time we checked as far as i can see synth 1 only has .sy1 type of extensions in their presets zip bank that we downloaded if you could direct us to a link that has those in fxp or bank files that would be appreciated If not then we are out of luck and will continue our current course

things we have tried so far

1:)searching online for the fxp or fxb of these presets no luck all online presets that we found were .sy1 extensions

2:)we tried using Zens auto import witch works the best right now.

3:)using wusikvm to extract fxp files which failed because it only sees the current prest selected and not the bank like it does for other synths

4:)asking forum for help

ok I'm not sure, I think I might have used Tobybear's minihost back then, to generate fxps for Synth1. It's probably discontinued anyway.

Big tick where can we get Rhino?

Check http://www.bigtickaudio.com - it's a temporary page but the files are there to download.

Big tick, any chance to get the latest Zen downloads too? :pray:

I'm going to retire Zen. I can put the latest installer but I won't be maintaining the online database any more.
I said that before, you should move to Akai VIP which is using the same core code as Zen, and that I've been maintaining for Akai for several years now. It's Zen with a much nicer UI and a lot more features.

OK, I got VIP, but it doesn't have any Synth1 presets. :cry: I mean, it has like the default 129 that come with the program. But what is the point of that? Why aren't all the same presets available for VIP that were available in Zen? Zen has served me faithfully for several years. I figured when I bought VIP it would be an upgrade in every way, but instead it seems quite limited in the preset and plugin map department. And why is there no easy, official way for the community to share presets?

Is there a way to transfer presets from Zen to VIP? I personally rated and tagged 100s of presets in Zen. It would be great to be able to carry that over into VIP. Otherwise I will still want to use Zen to browse my favorite presets.

I do like the UI of VIP.

It's a different software, sharing very little with Zen. So no, presets can't be transferred from Zen to VIP.
For Synth1 you can simply drag/drop the Synth1 fxp files into VIP and it will import them.

Return to “Big Tick”