Shred 3 Latency/Delay that Shred 2 Doesn't

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Legacy because for a Gibson heavy gtr sound that loves vst amps and processing, the original Shred using the SG has not been touched in sound quality to me but it needed more range. Period. But holy crap if Shred 3 hasn't been a clusterfrick from hell for me. I gave up on Serpent as nothing I could do or read to try worked so I gave up trying to make it usable and just use the 2 version if needed. Abyss just doesn't sound as good as the 2 version, happy to get that explanation too. I realize Shred 3 is an entirely different beast but I just can't have any success fighting it so I use the 2 versions. So.........

I just reluctantly upgraded to Legacy since the original sounds so darn good and am trying to get it to sound like the original but with the extra range I desperately need and have been wanting for a long time. However, I am getting huge amounts of delay/latency on it. I checked Serpent and same thing, but seems maybe slightly less. Shred 2 plays fine in the same instance so it's a Shred 3 anomaly. Windows 10 here. I tried it in Kontakt (pre 6 latest) standalone and same thing, unusable delay with nothing I could do to solve it. I am using Reaper, not that it matters due to standalone exhibiting same behavior. The perf meter in Reaper isn't showing any abnormal PDC number either. I have never encountered Kontakt latency like this and no other instrument I use has this issue. It reminds of over 20 years ago having to adjust manually for PDC :dog:. Fx are off in the Console. Any ideas as to the cause and remedy?

On the main page you have Poly Input Latency knob, and there's a reason why it's there...

I also suggest watching the Masterclass videos if you haven't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ftT76w ... Dd&index=4

Return to “Impact Soundworks”