Reducing Finger Pop FX In Abyss

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i've tried low velocity & turning off pop in TACT but I still get too much finger pop. I'm just looking to get that cool finger sound but at a higher volume without the finger pop muddying up the sound. Is it even possible to get a cool sound with no pop? Any suggestions? Thanks...

Current version...

Check the various release noise articulations too. I use velocities in the 60's with the sustain articulation.
also maybe try some compression or a transient shaper.

Thanks Bill, I'll give your suggestions a go.

You can simply turn off the pop articulation entirely in the TACT tab. Or, you can reduce the volume of it (or the velocity mapping). On the Advanced page you can turn off the extra buffer time for when it is triggered.

If you aren't triggering the actual 'pop' articulation then try increasing the Offset time for the sustain articulation on the TACT page.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Thanks for your reply Zircon. I did turn off the pop articulation on the TACT tab but it made no difference when I used higher velocities. I did reduce the velocities of the notes & this did help but I seemed to lose some cut & edge from the samples by doing this. I will try your other suggestions.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”