S3 Jupiter Power chord slide

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. Could someone explain how the power chord slide can be achieved (with the default TACT settings for example). The documentation does not indicate clearly and haven't found any YT video about it. I have few demo songs in midi but wasn't able to find power chord slides from those.

I've been having issues with Jupiter ... Powerchord slides being one of them.
But the way it usually works is the same as single string slides but with the Power Chord Sustain articulation enabled.
Basically, you would activate your slide after the note is played. Adjust the placement and speed to taste.

But with Jupiter, I haven't been able to get proper PwrChrdSus legato slides. Doesn't work with keyswitches, nor with velocities... and if it works, I generally don't have any sound, just a blank for the duration of the slide.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Yep, just play the slide articulation (keyswitch by default) with powerchord sus down. I took a look after @ELECTRONICHAOS' comments and it seems like there are some intervals not working 100%, so we will take a look at that.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Hi, my way!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by byland on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, I got it now working via keyswitches. It seems that it's not possible to make it happen with CC. I have a setup in Logic Pro X to use the Articulations + my own midi scripter to turn those articulations into CC's (since Logic's own articulation mapping system is not working properly). My setup works just fine for other Shreddage articulations, but not for the power chord slide.

Don't know if it's my fault or is it a bug in Jupiter.

It can definitely happen via CCs as well, visit the TACT tab to adjust the triggering rules.

Yes I know it should be possible and that's why I originally set up the TACT to have only CC values (using the CC split functionality to assign the values quickly).

The problem is that it's not behaving like I expect.

My midi script sends the CC just before passing the NoteOn event through and that has worked just fine with all other articulation and with many other libraries too.

zircon wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:06 am Yep, just play the slide articulation (keyswitch by default) with powerchord sus down. I took a look after @ELECTRONICHAOS' comments and it seems like there are some intervals not working 100%, so we will take a look at that.
Woot, I'm not entirely crazy just yet! :D
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”