Suggestions to improve stereo image with Shreddage libraries

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

One of my problems with Shreddage 2 is that my guitars never have a big stereo image, they always sounds as if they were in front of my face, even if I pan sx and dx guitar 100% left and 100% right. I've tried many solutions to get rid of this problem. I've used some reverb on the guitar tracks, I've changed impulse response but I still haven't got a good result. If I compare my tracks with commercial songs I always notice a big difference.

is there any solution to achieve a good stereo image?

Adding a delay of a few milliseconds to either the left or right track should increase the perceived stereo separation. You could also try using slightly different amp settings on each track.

Thanks esselfortium. Yes, I always use different amps (or cabs) on rhythm guitars and sometimes a bit of delay on left and right guitars. I forgot to mention I play real guitars and the problem of bad stereo image is less noticeable. I'm not an expert of mixing, I do everything by ears, but I've noticed that if I double real guitars my impression is that the depth of stereo image is bigger.

Raventhrone wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:37 pm Thanks esselfortium. Yes, I always use different amps (or cabs) on rhythm guitars and sometimes a bit of delay on left and right guitars. I forgot to mention I play real guitars and the problem of bad stereo image is less noticeable. I'm not an expert of mixing, I do everything by ears, but I've noticed that if I double real guitars my impression is that the depth of stereo image is bigger.
Try Double Stereo and a stereo shaping plugin. T-Racks 5 has Quad Imager which can we of help, otherwise try stereo separation within your DAW, that could help too.
Depending on the amp sim you're using, make sure your output is stereo.

I'd also recommend buying to Shreddage 3 and upgrading Shreddage 2 to Jupiter.
Same guitar, same samples ... different beast, it almost feels like a totally different guitar.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Thanks Eletronichaos. For amp sims, I mainly use Revalver 4 or Overloud THU. I don't know Quad Imager from T-Racks 5, but on the master I always use bx-shredspread to improve stereo image, can it be something similar? Do you mean stereo output on the amp sim, even if I use mono guitar (not doubletracked)? My DAW is FL Studio 12, I know it has stereo separation but I'm not able to work with it. :D

As for Shreddage 3 I'm just waiting the new 8 string guitar, I still love Shreddage SRP and his palm mute articulation.

Something that could help you ... would be to route each guitar separately, don't put them all on the same track and split them Left to Right, it'll help make it feel a little wider. Stereo separation is a weird beast but I still recommend you use it, it'll greatly help with Shreddage 2. Try 25, 30% sepratation. Don't really need much more than that.

Otherwise, reverbs, delays and other FX can help widen your sound when used properly... Try SoundSpecterStudio on youtube, Glenn is an asshole but he makes great tutorials!

Since you have Overloud THU, I'm guessing you're also subscribing to Slate Digital all access pass (or you bought the thing ?) if so, forget about T-Racks, this is irrelevant! lol That being said I still prefer LePou for my amp & cab sims
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”