Can't wait for the new S3 libraries

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I heard they were doing an SG, Les Paul, and 8 string Ibanez. I'm particularly hyped for the 8 string because RealEight and Dracus sound machine gunny for heavy rhythms, and I want that deep Meshuggah drop tuning. Wonder what else they're doing.

I think ISW makes some of the best guitar libraries hands down.

yeeehh! I'm waiting for the new 8 string guitar too! EvilDragon or Zircon, is there any new about it?

It's still being sampled. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:35 pm It's still being sampled. :)
This leads me to wonder how electric guitars are sampled. I'd like to believe that they sample thousands of notes of every fret and articulation, then run it through multiple rounds of cherrypicking, selection, and EQing, then rinse and repeat for round robins.

That's one beast, developing it into a Kontakt instrument is another.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:35 pm It's still being sampled. :)
sure..

It has taken way, way longer than expected because of a series of issues with recording equipment, guitar wiring, and performer availability. Our quality bar is as high as it can possibly be for this release, so any noise issues are unacceptable. That has meant sometimes weeks or months at a time trying to diagnose issues that maybe anyone else would ignore. Plus the sheer amount of content in this library looks to be way more than any other S3 instrument.

Also (unfortunately) the man who did a lot of the sampling developed bad arthritis issues with his hands toward the end. His pace got slower and slower but we eventually decided it would be best not to push him further, and pass the guitar to someone else to do the remaining articulations, of which only two are left.

That handoff happened late last week, so we anticipate all recordings to be done in the next week or so. Much of the existing recordings are edited as well.

That means it is possible we might have a 2019 release after all, and believe me, it will be worth the wait. Let me give everyone an idea of what you're going to get here.

* Absolutely stunning clarity + sustain in every note, thanks to the Fluence pickups. These ring out super long with extremely low noise. The low open string for example sustains for nearly 30 seconds.

* Two distinct pickups with custom blending, and very distinct tones for each.

* 3x dynamics for sustains in addition to up/down and 2x RR. The sustains alone are nearly 10gb uncompressed with over 3400 samples. This is serious depth!!

* Sustain powerchords, of course.

* Portamento slides AND powerchord slides. These are over 10,000 samples combined.

* Multi-RR hammer-ons / pull-offs, chokes, FX, tremolo, harmonics, and vibrato.

* Up to 5 levels of palm mutes, with regular and powerchord versions, 4x up and 4x down RRs.

* 8 strings with low string starting at a ludicrous E0 pitch (this is the standard pitch of the lowest string on a bass)

But, if it all sounds like a ton of samples/RAM, don't worry. With NCW compression, DFD, and sample purging for articulations / pickups, it will be extremely manageable.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I'll have to wait for this one ... I'm strapped for cash (who isn't these days)
But definitely glad to hear new softwares are coming!
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

wow thanks for the news Zircon. I'm super-hyped. How about the graphic interface?

GUI will be the same style as all other S3 guitars so far. Just different guitar graphic. Everything else will be in exactly the same place.

zircon wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:38 am It has taken way, way longer than expected because of a series of issues with recording equipment, guitar wiring, and performer availability. Our quality bar is as high as it can possibly be for this release, so any noise issues are unacceptable. That has meant sometimes weeks or months at a time trying to diagnose issues that maybe anyone else would ignore. Plus the sheer amount of content in this library looks to be way more than any other S3 instrument.

Also (unfortunately) the man who did a lot of the sampling developed bad arthritis issues with his hands toward the end. His pace got slower and slower but we eventually decided it would be best not to push him further, and pass the guitar to someone else to do the remaining articulations, of which only two are left.

That handoff happened late last week, so we anticipate all recordings to be done in the next week or so. Much of the existing recordings are edited as well.

That means it is possible we might have a 2019 release after all, and believe me, it will be worth the wait. Let me give everyone an idea of what you're going to get here.

* Absolutely stunning clarity + sustain in every note, thanks to the Fluence pickups. These ring out super long with extremely low noise. The low open string for example sustains for nearly 30 seconds.

* Two distinct pickups with custom blending, and very distinct tones for each.

* 3x dynamics for sustains in addition to up/down and 2x RR. The sustains alone are nearly 10gb uncompressed with over 3400 samples. This is serious depth!!

* Sustain powerchords, of course.

* Portamento slides AND powerchord slides. These are over 10,000 samples combined.

* Multi-RR hammer-ons / pull-offs, chokes, FX, tremolo, harmonics, and vibrato.

* Up to 5 levels of palm mutes, with regular and powerchord versions, 4x up and 4x down RRs.

* 8 strings with low string starting at a ludicrous E0 pitch (this is the standard pitch of the lowest string on a bass)

But, if it all sounds like a ton of samples/RAM, don't worry. With NCW compression, DFD, and sample purging for articulations / pickups, it will be extremely manageable.
Yo uh zircon let me grind guitar education and then call me back in 3 years so I can do articulations for you
lol

Also will there be any improvements in the built-in FX? Since some people say that shreddage FX sounds a little mediocre/fake

Another question, doesn't round robin count have an effect on the presence of the "machine gun" effect or is it more complicated than that? In another virtual instrument, program modifies the waveforms a tiny bit every time they're played)

One more thing, E0? Is that by FL Studio or something else? (FL Studio is different from other DAWs like Cubase)

Sorry, I have a lot of questions to ask since I like up ask questions and was told that asking questions if essential for understanding.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:19 am GUI will be the same style as all other S3 guitars so far. Just different guitar graphic. Everything else will be in exactly the same place.
ok thanks for the informations. I take the opportunity to suggest a particular attention on fast repeated palm mutes, and generally on fast repeated notes (non-tremolo samples). I don't own any Shreddage 3 library, but Shreddage SRP (it's great) is a bit weak on these in my opinion, fast palm mute notes have a little machine-gun effect!

There's 8x RR there in SRP/Serpent, which should be enough, especially if you enable Anti-repetition.

yes, I use anti-repetition, but it doesn't matter, when I use short palm mutes I can hear a little bit of machine-gun effect, I hope IS will pay attention to this for the next release. As you know palm mute in metal is a very fundamental technique.

even if it's late I have a request, maybe for the next updates of the new incoming library: feedback, (or Larsen effect) none of the IS metal libraries have it! It would be a great innovation.

Feedback is not something that can be easily and realistically done in Kontakt. I'd suggest a separate plugin for that (like Softube Acoustic Feedback).

EvilDragon, have you heard feedback in Prominy V-Metal? I own it and it is a Kontakt library. I know there are other vsti focused on metal guitar that have feedback but they aren't Kontakt library. Thanks anyway for the information about Softube Acoustic feedback, I'll take a look to it.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”