How to INCREASE pick noise?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to increase pick noise either when picking or strumming?

I have tried increasing the velocity of the notes but all that seems to do is make the whole note or chord louder.

I have tried increasing the BITE within Stratus but all that does is make the sound more bright or tinny.

What I am talking about is the physical noise of the pick as it hits the string - most of the guitarists I have ever worked with have always wanted to remove as much of it as they can but a little of it add realism and helps with the bite with out actually brightening the notes played.

You can hear it here in this clip....
https://soundcloud.com/kennyjaymes/pick-noise/s-xhdGg

Running a real guitar through a compressor with a fast attack, or a treble booster will make the pick attack more obvious

Forgotten wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:34 am Running a real guitar through a compressor with a fast attack, or a treble booster will make the pick attack more obvious
But can it be done in Stratus?

I don’t know, I don’t own it, but couldn’t you run the audio output of Stratus through effects?

Forgotten wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:01 am I don’t know, I don’t own it, but couldn’t you run the audio output of Stratus through effects?
Well I could, I gave Amplitube and GTR but if the pluck noise is not present in the audio to begin with it would sound artificial - I wondered if there was a setting within Stratos that I have been unable to find.

I may end up calling Impact Soundworks to ask.

It kinda annoys me that on their website Impact Soundworks refer people here to KVR for tech support but then peoples questions do mot get answered.

If the sounds are samples there will be pick noise present, you just have to figure out how to enhance it. I would suggest experimenting with any effects you have to try to bring the attack out more.

Plucking noises are not a separately adjustable parameter in S3 guitars. Maybe try a transient shaper plugin to add more emphasis in the attacks - there is actually one available in Console.

A big problem about picking noise is that guitar libraries when they contain all picking noise, they delay all with around max 35 ms.other libraries have a knob to choose. if you choose all picking noise then need shift the track a little or can get hearable delay. when a player play real guitar he pick it always a little early in songs because the string need first a little move when plektrum is press onto it and then release. this when the plektrum is on string and move give a little sound which can hear more when use distortion. for clean it is not important

In stratus i see not such a knob. maybe developers can tell how much of the pick noise is record and how much it is delayed ?

there is from blue cat reguitar demo . you can try diffrent single coil simulations, maybe this can get better results in attack for you. it also simulates guitar body and tone
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Return to “Impact Soundworks”