Wy have the shreddage strat so much noise and clicky sound in compare to a real strat ?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dven wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:36 pm OK. I think I might be hearing a shorter than optimal loop in the release on the high E string. Its like a fast beat frequency almost. Is that the issue? Noticeable around the 20 second mark or so.
Release samples are not looped in any of S3 guitars. Only tremolo articulations are looped, if it was sampled for a particular guitar.

The A note in question just sounds like the particular way the guitarist fingered that fret. It is what it is, it won't be changed, the guitar won't be sampled again. Of course, if you put amp gain at 10 you can expect all the noise you're really getting, it would be like that on a real amp too (or even worse).

Got it! Should have said 'sounds kinda like....a loop' Anyway, I personally prefer the non-perfect, 'ugly' bits since that makes things sound more like they do in real life!
Mac O/S 11.6.5; MBPro 2018 2.2, 560X, 32GB, 1TB
Logic Pro 10.6.3
Scarlett 2i2, Akai MPD218, EMU XBoard 49

That's the whole point! :)

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:05 pm
dven wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:36 pm OK. I think I might be hearing a shorter than optimal loop in the release on the high E string. Its like a fast beat frequency almost. Is that the issue? Noticeable around the 20 second mark or so.
Release samples are not looped in any of S3 guitars. Only tremolo articulations are looped, if it was sampled for a particular guitar.

The A note in question just sounds like the particular way the guitarist fingered that fret. It is what it is, it won't be changed, the guitar won't be sampled again. Of course, if you put amp gain at 10 you can expect all the noise you're really getting, it would be like that on a real amp too (or even worse).
I also think they sampled the guitar not again, i hear in example videos from other channel upload, that the other shreddage guitars too have this clicky noisy sound.

maybe in future guitars they take only the samples that are not clicky and noisy. or they do lo fi version, or maybe they can do a way so it is possible to edit the shreddage guitar by users and user can remove all worse sample version so all good versions stay in. there can from the good version variations do by a little diffrence add with pitch and formant with melodyne and make a new sample so it sound a little diffrent
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

dven wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:16 pm Got it! Should have said 'sounds kinda like....a loop' Anyway, I personally prefer the non-perfect, 'ugly' bits since that makes things sound more like they do in real life!
have you hear still got the blues video i upload with shreddage strat. this you really think sound good with the clicky noisy sustain ?. when do vibrato or switch to fingered vibrato then shreddage sound even more clicky. maybe you like lofi. for lofi music it sound right i think.

I never hear a guitar with such a clicky noisy sound shreddage have in sustain. so my question is what they do wrong. seem you and evil dragon want tell me, its not a bug, its a feature.

maybe some like really still got the blues with clicky noisy sustain. i really should make the version public and post in guitar forums what they think about the sustains.

magicmusic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:01 am i really should make the version public and post in guitar forums what they think about the sustains.
Oh my, that would be priceless. How many ways can you say "shut up and play yer (real) guitar"? Let's find out...

magicmusic wrote:seem you and evil dragon want tell me, its not a bug, its a feature.
No, it’s not a bug, it’s an inconsistency in the sampling. Bugs occur in software, not in sampling.

Dude, if this bothers you so much, learn to play guitar and do it yourself - you’re not going to get perfect results with a set of samples.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:53 pm
magicmusic wrote:seem you and evil dragon want tell me, its not a bug, its a feature.
No, it’s not a bug, it’s an inconsistency in the sampling. Bugs occur in software, not in sampling.

Dude, if this bothers you so much, learn to play guitar and do it yourself - you’re not going to get perfect results with a set of samples.
of course i can sample my guitar that it have not such clicky sustain, but i did not know how i can use my samples with the shreddage stratus engine. i think there is no way to use own samples, because the script.

I can not play good guitar and play vibrato by move strings is hard for me, but to get long sustain with good vibrato there can on strat also use the whammy bar to do the vibrato. use also professional see in this video at time 2 min 25 and more David Gillmour pink floyd. this are only clean sounds but show that can do good vibrato without string move https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyBjrX8jOHw

magicmusic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:52 amI also think they sampled the guitar not again, i hear in example videos from other channel upload, that the other shreddage guitars too have this clicky noisy sound.
Well there you have it - it's HOW THE GUITARS ACTUALLY SOUND. Even when played with different guitarists.
magicmusic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:52 amor maybe they can do a way so it is possible to edit the shreddage guitar by users and user can remove all worse sample version so all good versions stay in.
This won't happen.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:16 pm
magicmusic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:52 amI also think they sampled the guitar not again, i hear in example videos from other channel upload, that the other shreddage guitars too have this clicky noisy sound.
Well there you have it - it's HOW THE GUITARS ACTUALLY SOUND. Even when played with different guitarists.
magicmusic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:52 amor maybe they can do a way so it is possible to edit the shreddage guitar by users and user can remove all worse sample version so all good versions stay in.
This won't happen.
did you know a guitar kontakt script free or other vsti guitar that support the shreddage feature that press on a note does not play the tone. only when strum up or strum down key is press it play the note ?

are there really guitar songs that sound such clicky and noisy on long sustain notes as stratus ?. On youtube this are often not studio mixes, but on youtube i hear nothing that sound clicky as stratus on long notes. sure when guitar player play fast, there can come some clicks or noisy, but this clicks and noisy are never on long sustained notes. i never hear any song that sound so clicky and noisy as the shredage with sustain.

when you know or see a video of real guitar that sound such clicky let me know. also i hear no vsti guitar that sound so clicky and noisy as stratus

really sad wy they want not reach the sound quality of a real guitar

Really sad that you can't drop this for good. The guitar sounds and works as designed and as it was recorded and noise reduced.

Also did you hear the demos on our website? They sound very much like a real guitar. Hear any clicky sounds there? I don't. This is actual music being written with Stratus. Nobody is going to play that A on 1st string in isolation for a million times with way too much gain and listen for whatever artifacts would be there because you overgained the amplifier. That's not music. :)
magicmusic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:06 pmdid you know a guitar kontakt script free or other vsti guitar that support the shreddage feature that press on a note does not play the tone. only when strum up or strum down key is press it play the note ?
Read the manual, this is a feature and you have to know how to use it. It can also be disabled if you want.

magicmusic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:06 pm really sad wy they want not reach the sound quality of a real guitar
It's not going to happen. It's not a guitar, so it's not going to sound the same as a guitar.

You're making this sound as if it's everyone's fault that you can't get the sound of a real guitar from samples. It's not going to happen.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:14 pm Really sad that you can't drop this for good. The guitar sounds and works as designed and as it was recorded and noise reduced.

Also did you hear the demos on our website? They sound very much like a real guitar. Hear any clicky sounds there? I don't. This is actual music being written with Stratus. Nobody is going to play that A on 1st string in isolation for a million times with way too much gain and listen for whatever artifacts would be there because you overgained the amplifier. That's not music. :)
magicmusic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:06 pmdid you know a guitar kontakt script free or other vsti guitar that support the shreddage feature that press on a note does not play the tone. only when strum up or strum down key is press it play the note ?
Read the manual, this is a feature and you have to know how to use it. It can also be disabled if you want.
sure it is possible to write songs special for stratus that sound good. this can do by avoid notes longer as 1/4 . but if somebody want play rock ballads with lead sound with stratus it sound not good in high notes. The note A test i do because benjohnson ask me for a note and a velocity that sound bad.

I do the song still get to blues as example that show stratus sound bad in that case. but you can upload a good sounding still got the blues song with stratus or other shreddage guitar. maybe i can learn. if you think i overgained then you can hear on real strat, this have more gain as stratus examples. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6q7fbhypPI and of course no clicking sound. If you think stratus is record and sound as a real guitar then stratus should play this song without clicks on long notes

magicmusic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:21 pm I do the song still get to blues as example that show stratus sound bad in that case.
So don't use Shreddage for this then. Just because it won't do exactly what you want to do in one particular case doesn't mean there are problems with it.

The issue is that you're trying to reproduce parts played on a real guitar with something that emulates a guitar and has nowhere near the same scope of expression. That's not how samplers work.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:30 pm
magicmusic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:21 pm I do the song still get to blues as example that show stratus sound bad in that case.
So don't use Shreddage for this then. Just because it won't do exactly what you want to do in one particular case doesn't mean there are problems with it.

The issue is that you're trying to reproduce parts played on a real guitar with something that emulates a guitar and has nowhere near the same scope of expression. That's not how samplers work.
when sample a real guitar it is possible that the samples do no clicky and noisy sustains as stratus.
some want tell me that this clicky noisy sound do real guitars too. but i hear no real guitar do this and there is no youtube video list that to such sound as stratus do on rock ballads

so my question is also, why shreddage developer do not admit that they do something wrong with sampling of guitar or they show me a real guitar youtube video of a rock ballad with high long notes with distortion that is so clicky and noisy as shreddage

there seem nothing that can do to get better sound out of shreddage the thread is older but some day ago benjohnson2001 reactivate it and seem he want tell me that a real guitar sound clicky and noisy as stratus. i am not stupid, i know how real guitars sound and i have sampled myself my guitar with few clean samples. this have no clicks and noisy sound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FDUVr1gK7s sure not perfect, because it have no round robin, no up ,down stroke or string mapping. but it have good signal to noise ratio , and so it get no clicky noisy sound.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”