Wy have the shreddage strat so much noise and clicky sound in compare to a real strat ?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

more about that can read in this thread and compare with a real strat

viewtopic.php?f=176&t=512337&start=75

I guess at last they use not input impedance at 1 MOhm, because when record guitar with line input is worse. But now i see a guitar video with a VST guitar that have a feedback slider. when feedback is lots it get the clicky noisy sound. can hear in this video at 1 min 10. so i think the loudspeakers are too near to guitar when they record. is this a possible solution ?

to get good feedback sound, speakers need 2-3 meter away from guitar and feedback should not too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMkRgZ3nvrg
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:46 pmI guess at last they use not input impedance at 1 MOhm
This is incorrect, 1 MOhm input was used when recording Stratus samples.
magicmusic wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:46 pmso i think the loudspeakers are too near to guitar when they record. is this a possible solution ?
You might think that, but no, this is not correct either. The guitarist was away from the speakers enough not to catch any feedback.

but something they do wrong and could be better. the question is only what. the design of new shreddage script is in theory best i think, because it have a record vibrato no other guitar VST have. but all in all the sound is very clicky and noisy of many frets(hear much when use high gain or more distortion and long notes). when use the vibrato samples in shreddage strat is even more worse with clicks and noise. maybe they can reach the quality of other guitar vst, currently i have no more suggestion what xan be problem

You just don't like how this particular Stratocaster sounds, we got ya. Not all Strats sound the same or behave the same, there will be all sorts of differences between them. You just don't like this particular one, and that's fine. Can't satisfy everyone all the time.

I'll just say that many people are using Stratus and they're perfectly satisfied with it.

i think i have not too high standards. I understand with stratus can do clean or crunch sounds good. but for crunch and clean sounds small simple library sound good for me too. many that can play guitar say that vsti guitar sound in general very worse when come to lead sounds with more distotion. I think when somebody upload a cover of still got the blues Solo with stratus, all think it sound most bad in compare to other guitar vsti. With the stratus demo can not do such a cover, because the demo support not such high notes as still get the blues need. but i guess when use higher notes stratus sound worser too.

for remember here is a real strat and it does not sound clicky and noisy as stratus on long notes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6q7fbhypPI

there are many strings brass etc librarys that are more than perfect for me. such a library i need not important to make songs that sound great for me. so i am sure i am not too perfection.

maybe somebody do a good library for kontakt which can play still got the blues solo or other solo. there are so many libs out but on general midi songs always guitar solo sound worse. I am a weak guitar player and i think everybody that can play good enough guitar can do it better

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:48 am Not all Strats sound the same or behave the same, there will be all sorts of differences between them. You just don't like this particular one, and that's fine. Can't satisfy everyone all the time.

I'll just say that many people are using Stratus and they're perfectly satisfied with it.
I have now do a got the blues with stratus. I transpose guitar -5 and it fit to rest of music too. do you really think there are some people that think it sound good in long notes ?. I use the original snapshot in stratus. the real strat cover use more distortion. when use simular distortion as the youtube song from the real strat the clicks and noise can even more hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le1lsn5iR84

I think if the velocities are higher then there will be more string noise by design. I want to listen to the raw DI samples to see what you're talking about. What notes and velocities do you have an issue with in particular?

velocity of the midi song is around 120 and 127. near max. i think high velocities should give better dynamic and longer sustain and amp need not boost so much to reach the distortion. is on my real guitar too. when i pick it hard, sustain is even more longer. when i pick soft i need for high gain much more boost the signal in the amp. i play my real guitar with a 0,46 mm plektrum. so i can not play it very loud, because my plectrum is bend when pick too hard. but when play with strong plektrum sound is clean too. here i upload without any effect. I use for test vibrato emulate, but later i switch to fingered, then can hear in clean a strange chorus effekt on some notes only. but my recortds are with emulate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ-baGaUXYU

I don't know, it sounded alright to me. There is some string noise which I'd expect from higher velocities, but you're talking about the sustain and I can't hear the problem. The amp sim is also gain staged in a weird place so it's more clean for some notes and more amped for others, I'm not sure if that was supposed to demonstrate something or if it was unrelated.

Can you give 2-3 specific examples with exact velocities and exact notes in either midi number or note name like D3, E4, etc. I'd rather just pull it up in my DAW and listen to the DI.

I do a new video. I have always press full velocity on keyboard and i use the DI signal of 3 vsti and put it to a Bus. This bus have the amp. so all guitars use same amp. there can hear the shreddage have the most noise and clicky sound. sure when do with stratus crunch sounds with less distortion it is not so much noticable, but the question is, wy the stratus have such a low signal to noise ratio, few sustain and wy you get not the good signal to noise ratio of other vsti or my real strat. ?

In this video you can also hear that some round robin versions from stratus sound acceptable(only acceptable i think is this that start at around sec 6 in video, other are very worse clicky and noisy. so the question is wy other have not the quality as in sec 6. did you not check the used round robins how they sound with your highgain presets ? ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OlAqmgKRvQ

You seem to be purposefully gain staging your amp on the knifes edge, I don't know what this is supposed to prove. If you have specific examples of notes and velocities then please let me know what they are so I can listen to the DI samples and judge for myself, I don't want to watch your goofy videos.

what is on my video goofy ?. you can see in the video which note i play. its A on 1. string. it doesnt matter which velocity the note is play(i use 127 vel), it sound mostly clicky and noisy when use same high gain distortion on stratus. only on 1 round robin version sound better. I have also upload a video with the DI samples. but of course this sound not so worse because when use no distortion low signal noise ratio is not so good hear as when use more distortion.

but if you find my video goofy then you can download the free midi of still got the blues song https://freemidi.org/download3-9711-sti ... gary-moore here and try yourself if you get a good sound from stratus. i have transpose the lead -5 because it is too high for demo. but i think when play with higher notes on stratus make even more problems. maybe you can play this with a real guitar too and compare and maybe notice wy stratus have this problems.

sure i can reduce gain in the amp and the clicky noisy sound in stratus can not hear. but then only 0.5 sec is distort and the rest of note is clean. other guitars and vsti can work much better with this amp setting i use

EDIT2: and i use first your stratus preset brit power lead. this have too clicky noisy sound

but i can not compare how other vsti sound so i use a amp setting that have simular gain as brit power lead from shreddage free snapshot

but you can do still got the blues yourself play with stratus and brit power lead snapshot and compare to real strat

Let me know if i should upload a video when play sustain A on 1 string with stratus snapshot brit power lead. then you can hear it sound same clicky and noisy

I'm not really sure what you expect the outcome of this thread to be.

The source samples were recorded in a certain way by a specific guitarist, using one particular Strat run through some specific hardware. His/her pick strokes were made with a certain firmness, and his pick was of a size and thickness that he/she finds comfortable.

Sampled instruments allow people to create performances of instruments that they can't play, but it is never going to be a flexible solution in the way that a real guitar can be.

Forgotten wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:08 pm I'm not really sure what you expect the outcome of this thread to be.

The source samples were recorded in a certain way by a specific guitarist, using one particular Strat run through some specific hardware. His/her pick strokes were made with a certain firmness, and his pick was of a size and thickness that he/she finds comfortable.

Sampled instruments allow people to create performances of instruments that they can't play, but it is never going to be a flexible solution in the way that a real guitar can be.
The shreddage strat sound good, but it have a very low signal to noise ratio so when use more distortion ugly noise and clicks can hear. as far i understand the sounds are from shreddage 2(2012). it use only new (much better) engine. I hope that the developer of shreddage notice that they do something wrong because of the very low signal to noise ratio, and maybe enhance this in future guitar versions. in videos from other people can hear that not only the shreddage stratus have this low signal to noise ratio and clicks. the other shreddage 3 guitars have this too.

i can try to do a spectogram of shreddage and other vsti guitars or real strat guitars of a guitar tone clean and upload as picture. then can see in spectrogram how much more signal to noise ratio other guitars have. noise level can see on frequency in spectrogram that fit not the note frequency

here is a video with clean DI signal. when make a little louder and hear with headphones there can hear too that there is some background noise. it is not a hum noise or a amp noise. i did not know what the developer do wrong that it get such a noise. it is a noise around 400 hz it sound as there vibrate something in a room. or when the guitar is put on a table, and plug there, there can also come such strange noise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TySess1vxc

I use the mouse to click on kontakt keyboard. so vel is the same but can hear on stratus it sound lots diffrent and diffrent loud

Return to “Impact Soundworks”