Shreddage 3 Extra Pick?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

In Shreddage 2 there was an engine feature called "Extra Pick" and was found under Engine -> Extra Pick. It had a few options to tweak it.

I'm trying to get this same kind of sound out of Shreddage 3. Specifically, I've been messing with Jupiter. I haven't tried the others yet.

I have tried tweaking Bite (maxing it out helped some).
I set the Shred Window/Offsets down to zero to try and max the pre-pick sound (didn't help).
I think I fiddled with some other stuff having to do with mute tightness.
Still, I haven't managed to get that same high pitched noise that Extra Pick has.

I'm guessing that I am either missing a setting somewhere or else the old Extra Pick was just some high pitched noise that was left out of Shreddage 3.

At this point, I just want to know if it's there or not so that I can fix it or add in my own attack noise on a separate track.

Thanks for your time!

I believe "Extra Pick" was renamed to "Rake". It's one of the articulations you can find in TACT view. By default it's mapped to high velocities, iirc.

Yes, it's called properly now, "Rake".

Thanks for everyone's response! I am looking forward to trying it out this evening!

You bet, Rake was the answer. It was there the whole time; I just never heard it, because it's not heard on the lower string (which makes sense) like it used to be.

Thanks for the help!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”