Bug: In split midi mode overlapping notes on different midi channels are triggering hammers/portamento instead of chords

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please see attached. This should sound as a chord, not a hammer on. Those are midi channels 6 (red) and 5 (purple).

Note that I have my hammer/pull max range set to 3, and the notes are 3 semitones apart. However this should NOT trigger a hammer on since the notes are on different channels and I am in split midi mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi DrMEM,

The Shreddage 3 engine features a reworked approach to the MIDI Guitar split processing. All we can recommend is to upgrade to Shreddage 3 (IBZ has become "Shreddage 3 Rogue" and the upgrade is $20), as we will no longer be updating Shreddage 2 instruments, since the team at ISW is tiny and there is much to do.

Along with elimination of tons of performance bugs across the board, you also get more flexible FX chain editing, higher quality presets, full NKS integration, more powerful articulation mapping, more realistic and varied fretting algorithms, and completely new approach to getting intuitive polyphonic and chordal playing out of the box.

I always feel guilty saying "you have to pay to get your bug fix" to an S2 report, but in this case you get a lot with it. It's a completely different beast now.

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably upgrade (at least one of) my Shreddage 2 guitars this weekend.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”