Shreddage 3 Stratus: AVAILABLE NOW!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:10 pm Your Strat has a completely different pickup most likely so of course its noise characteristics would be different. You cannot compare them like apples to apples.

Also, it's incorrect that there's no noise in the neck pickup w/single coils. You always get more noise with single coils rather than humbuckers (that's why they're called "humbuckers").
I have not written that it have no noise. I have written
normaly the Neck pickup in single coil have no noise and gain problem
with no gain and noise problem i mean, that on a sustain note with 3 sec, there can no hum or noise hear even with big distortion on neck or middle pickup

pryzmusic write that they us hot pickup and no standard pickup. Hot pickups output more level, so noise should be more lower as on my pickups

stand in link
Some pickups are “hotter” than others. But what does this mean? Does it mean that these pickups will push an amplifier harder, resulting in more gain and volume? Yes.
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/ ... t-or-not-1
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

maybe the problem is the input impedance of there soundcard is too low for the guitar
An electric guitar ideally needs to work into an impedance of around 1MΩ or thereabouts. The line inputs of most sound consoles and mixers (I'm assuming that you had previously been plugging your guitar into a line input) generally have an impedance of about 10 to 50 kΩ — way too low to allow a guitar's pickups to work properly. The Boss pedal will have a much higher input impedance, and the guitar sounds a lot better because its pickups can work more effectively. Electric guitars always benefit from a decent 'DI' input, as you have now discovered for yourself.
https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advi ... s-and-mics

Nothing? So start a new thread? Ok then.

magicmusic wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:30 pm maybe the problem is the input impedance of there soundcard is too low for the guitar
No.

robdrmz wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:24 pm Nothing? So start a new thread? Ok then.
I should be able to help with this on Sunday, but do post a new thread! It will be helpful for everyone.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:42 pm
magicmusic wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:30 pm maybe the problem is the input impedance of there soundcard is too low for the guitar
No.
what interface or mixer they used ?
I have test what happen when i disable the guitar switch on my mixer, so it use Line input of 50 kohm. you can see on a picture of presonus ar8 mixer that it have for channel 1 and channel 2 a button with a guitar symbol on it. this must press for guitar.

released this button,the guitar sound now have a lots reduced bass, because the low impedance distort also the frequency response of the pickup alot. the gain loss i can compensate with the bias amp gain. now when play guitar i get on long sustain this clicky sound as stratus have too. and even more when i use mfreeform EQ, EQ match function, so it sound as with guitar impedance. freeform EQ increase bass to mid of the record in line input mode so frequency is of both inputs simular. but then i get a more low frequency noise and very simular noisy clicky sound as stratus. should i do a video that show this ?

So i am nearly sure the problem is, they have record the guitars with line input impedance and not with the needed guitar input impedance of 1 megaohm.

and if they use a USB soundbox, the USB soundboxes did maybe not have a switch to change input impedance. have the wrong input impedance give much worse sound because the frequency of the pickup is changed alot and very high noise.

You are not correct in your assumption. The guitar has been recorded with an input that has proper impedance of 1 MOhm.

Now I would like to ask you to stop chasing this one further, at least in this thread. Open a new one if you want, but please don't go off-topic any more in this thread.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”