Shreddage 3 Stratus: AVAILABLE NOW!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

maybe can try how this note in example sound without denoised samples. I guess denoising is very bad, when after the denoise the level is increase by 12 db or more (happen with distortion). the denoise can produce artefacts that only hear when boost level and clip after denoise. Or maybe if really want use denoise, the denoise need monitor with distortion sound if it sound clean
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Denoising most certainly wasn't done badly, it was done by a professional in the field of sample editing (he also worked on many other ISW libraries). It's not his first time denoising samples, for sure ;)

what do you think was the reason, wy the tones sound so unclean ?. it sound as if there are grains, or short loop clicks at lower frequency. (I know that the sounds are not loop.) . or maybe they do other processing as denoise on the recorded strings . I never get such sound from my strat. I do in the past never test clean denoising and later distort. did you know which program they use for denoise, maybe i can try a demo of this denoise plugin and see what happen with this program when i denoise my clean strat records and distort them later so i can confirm or not if such a unclean clicky sound come from denoise

Izotope RX was definitely used, alongside Acon Digital's Restoration Suite etc. These are all top-notch tools.

I'm still thinking you might be having too much gain overall. There are no such issues like what you're showing in naked Stratus demos, as far as I can hear.

I use the default brit Power Lead.nksn. it use the VAN51 for distortion. there can set the lead knob to full left minmum and rythm to minimum too. it get little better, but still far away from good.

there are nksn "Overdrive Solo" "Fat Cat Rythm" "DS1 Only Rythm" and much more with same problem.

i have not resave the presets. when i want load a stratus nksn(forst time when all samples need load) then i get kontakt message Content missing. I click on Search filesystem button and all is load. so i am sure i have no modified nksn

a nksn that sound good is Crisp AC. but this is only very few distortet and no lead sound(that sound simular as the strat videos i link from other in this thread)

I do a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO5CCApwSXQ with a real strat that play on 2. string F3 neck pickup and later play with stratus same string and fret and neck pickup and same Bias amp preset on both. In stratus i disable all effects and on bias amp level display can see that input level of both guitars is same. A tunerdisplay to show frequency can see in video too. on real strat i do no vibrato on stratus is vibrato depth set to 0. that the frequency change during tone more is maybe because the strings are over 20 years old and the guitar is i guess 30 years old now. I remove the dust, but with this old guitar can hear much cleaner, tone less noise. in master there is a reverb use. without reverb, stratus sound a little better, but for guitar mostly use a reverb with lots early reflections

maybe stratus use some effects or it use autotune ?. I think autotune is worse for guitar

when use autotune this can explain the clicks in stratus too.
if so, please tell how i can get a tone that sound clean as a real strat.

EDIT: i see in the knob of stratus page there was vibrato amount show. but when set this knob to 0 result is same. i only add the stratus plugin add notes and move not modulation wheel

Edit2: to let sound the real strat more as stratus there can boost with Eq 500 hz 4 db. but this still give no such clicks as stratus. tone stay always clean

in this new upload video(not from me) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy9P-agvzfA at 3 min 40 sec there can hear in the middle pickup too on long notes unclean sound of stratus. on 6 min 16 can hear this on PRS 7 string guitar ( Humbucker). Wy developer of stratus do not say something to the unclean sound, if it can maybe enhance or wy this happen ?. I get the idea that maybe pure nickel strings are use for stratus. but i try with new Pure nickel strings (light/Medium) from pyramid. this have too a much cleaner tone as stratus and much more sustain as stratus. pure nicks strings have less high and more gain at 500 hz and less sustain as steel plate. The strings i use in video are platet steel. if like hear how real strat sound with pure nickl strings too compare, i can upload a video. before video i use 2. string, because 1 string was broken and not available on my guitar. now i have all strings working on my guitar.

magicmusic wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pmwith a real strat that play on 2. string F3 neck pickup and later play with stratus same string and fret and neck pickup and same Bias amp preset on both.
You cannot compare things like that. It is highly likely that your real Strat doesn't have the same pickups that the sampled Strat for Stratus had (I don't know exactly which ones, sorry).
magicmusic wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm that the frequency change during tone more is maybe because the strings are over 20 years old and the guitar is i guess 30 years old now.
Even worse, you cannot compare TONE with things set up wildly differently like that. :)

magicmusic wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:06 pmat 3 min 40 sec there can hear in the middle pickup too on long notes unclean sound of stratus.
I think I know what you mean now. Those are pitched/unpitched release noises that happen depending on how long you set the key, based on timing windows you set up on Advanced page. These noises are there to actually increase realism. But we're giving you control when to trigger them. Or not trigger them at all, if you're so inclined. You can disable these noises altogether in TACT (Articulation Control) tab. But this will make things way too clinical and fake.

The release noise i mean not. I disable Rel unpitched and rel pitched in TACT and hear that nothing change. In the video i mean the clicks that hear during long tone. hard to explain. did you not hear a diffrence between my strat and stratus ?. in stratus there can hear very soon partly low freq noise that is below played tone freq.

Hi Magicman,

The noise is from the aggressive pickups, which are different than the ones on your normal Strat. You should use less gain on Stratus but there is always going to be that level of noise because it is a single coil. There is nothing we can do about this, unfortunately, as more noise reduction will begin to harm the tone of the notes.

To get rid of the grainy clicks you will want to start filtering (before the amp sim) at around 1-2 KHz. This will help make the sound more pure. There is no perfect way to get this done because the noise will always be there, but some patience and effort can help improve the sound the way you need by a lot.

https://soundcloud.com/nabeelansari/set ... nt/s-YUBjN

Here is a quick comparison. "No EQ" is Stratus neck pickup into BIAS with one of my lead presets. "EQ" is Stratus first band-passed between 200 Hz and 1000 Hz with steep (48dB/oct) filters. I'm sure you will agree while there is still a little noise left it is dramatically cleaner than the un-modified version.
Last edited by pryzmusic on Fri May 31, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thanks for your answer, the link do not work(your playlist is private set), but i try bandpass between 200 hz and 1000 hz if it get better. I hear not much diffrence. some round robin versions sound better some worser. I look into mapping editor, but i did not see how i can change round robin.
maybe i can delete the most bad sound round robin versions myself ?

The script will try to play RR even if they are not there. If you remove them, you will get silent notes instead.

There is not much else to be done. The bridge pickup is a humbucker with less noise. Perhaps you could try EQing the bridge pickup to have a similar tone to the Neck pickup. Using an eq match plugin like EQuivocate this isn't as hard as it may seem.

Is it possible that you have do digital increase the samples ?. I hear this can make problems too when boost more than 12 db. it sound worse even on a 24 bit soundcard when record with line input and boost it digital 24 db or more when sample rate is 48 khz. with higher sample rate can boost more. when this can hear with lots distortion. I have presonus Studio live AR8 and this give not so much loud noise as your records.

I can hear your soundcloud now. noise is very loud in both versions. I really hear no strat with such much noise and neck pickup. the question is too, wy the noise that hear on stratus is so bassy. on my strat the noise sound equal as amplifier noise sound. also sometimes fade in sometimes fade out noise in stratus sound worser as continues noise. because continues noise is not so notice as noise that appear sometimes

I have only the free stratus version, so i can not test bridge pickup. Is the bridge pickup a Humbucker in single coil format that sound as a single coil ?

normaly the Neck pickup in single coil have no noise and gain problem, because the string do on neck pickup and middle pickup much more movement, as on bridge.

Your Strat has a completely different pickup most likely so of course its noise characteristics would be different. You cannot compare them like apples to apples.

Also, it's incorrect that there's no noise in the neck pickup w/single coils. You always get more noise with single coils rather than humbuckers (that's why they're called "humbuckers").

Loving Shreddage 3! I really really really like the strumming ability of the instrument, unfortunately I can't figure it out.
I have read the manual & played with the settings & I cannot cleanly switch chords when using strumming mode & poly gets stuck & I cant switch live.

Could you explain what I need to do so I can play chords live, hear them & use the strumming keys?
I guess a combination of poly & strumming mode.

Am I making sense? Sorry Im typing on my phone in the dark. 😎

Return to “Impact Soundworks”