Shreddage 2 - MPE Support (Roli Seaboard)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing a Roli Seaboard mainly to play guitar sounds (it is such an expressive device!). I saw that Kontakt supports MPE... Any experience with playing Shreddage 2 with a Roli Seaboard or any MPE controller? If it is not supported yet, any possibility to be suported in the future? It would be great!!!

Thanks in advance!

Kontakt doesn't officially support MPE. MIDI guitar mode already exists in S2 (one string = one MIDI channel), but it's not the same thing.

Implementation-wise, this is not easy, and you wouldn't get to use all 5 dimensions that Roli's controllers have, because there's only limited per-event modulation that can be done via scripting (just volume, pan and tune).

Thanks for the clarification, you are right, sorry for the confusion. I found the following info:
"Kontakt does not have an MPE mode but it is fairly simple to configure for MPE use. Simply load Kontakt then load, for example, 7 instances of the same sample group into it. Each instance will automatically load a separate MIDI channel automatically (2-8) or you can change each instance to the channel you want as long as they match LinnStrument's per-note channels. Go through each instance and change the pitch bend to 12 (the max that Kontakt allows) and set LinnStrument's Bend Range to 12. Because Kontakt intelligently loads samples it will share samples between all instances and therefore not use any more ram than one instance. Of course you will need a host that passes all MIDI channels to Kontakt."

I guess this solution should be implemented in the Kontakt instrument itself... Really a pity, will have to focus in the Roli guitar sounds then which is not the same to Shreddage whick rocks!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”