Peak Rider 2 - Static Burst

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Has anyone run across an issue where Peak Rider 2 outputs a short 1 to 2 second burst of static every 20 to 24 seconds?

The Setup:
  • Windows 10: i7-7700k, 16 GB memory, SSD, blah, blah, blah
  • Scarlett 2i2 (pretty sure the first version)
  • Reaper
The Reproduction:
  • Open new empty Reaper project
  • Add a New Track. Totally empty.
  • Add Peak Rider 2 as an Fx
  • Nothing else. No actual track data. No data. No MIDI. Don't even press Play.
  • Wait for 20 or so seconds
  • Burst of static
I tried ASIO4ALL and the Focusrite ASIO driver. Both produced static.
I tried WASAPI and Direct Sound. There was no static, but then again I get no sounds at all from Reaper. I never can use those anyway, since I never bothered figuring out how to configure Windows to make it work with Reaper.

If I left out some important info, please let me know.

I hope I'm being a complete dummy.

Thanks for any help!

I don't own Peak Rider myself but a lot of plugins out there output a short static if you're using a trial/demo version. The solution is to "unlock" it or some variant after purchase. Have you checked your email inbox to see if you were supposed to receive some kind of code or license key file or something to unlock the product after purchase?
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

Thanks for the response. I think you've set me going in the right direction. Like you said, I guess it's still in demo mode. Even though I registered the plugin it still has the "Register Here" button showing from inside the plugin. I never noticed that! According to the manual, if I still see "Register Here" and not my user ID, then the registration wasn't successful. Of course, it still says thanks for registering either way.

Anyhow, I've put in a help request to Impact Soundworks.

Thanks!!!

Awkward. Lol good luck.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Yup, so it turned out I missunderstood the email sent to me with the serial number.

The email read, "your serial number is: Code#1: 555555 ABCD-EFGH-IJKL-MNOP"

I would have understood it better if it had worded it:
"Your UserID is 555555"
"Your serial is ABCD-EFGH-IJKL-MNOP"

So, it's working now. Thanks again for suggesting that it was in demo mode!

Haha no problem. Enjoy your new plug.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”