Will S2 owners get a discount when upgrading to the corresponding S3 guitar when that gets released?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Andrew and EvilDragon. I don't know how far in the release/upgrade planning you, or how much you're willing to share at this point given that it might be subject to change, but I have a few questions regarding the upgrades to S3.
zircon wrote:Right - the product known as Shreddage 2 will continue to exist, just like Shreddage 1 exists now, but we will create versions of all three Shreddage 2 guitars using the S3 engine.
In a different thread you said you were gonna port over the S2 samples to S3. I'm curious to know, then, if S2 owners will get a discount when upgrading to the S3 engine, if the hypothetical discount is only for an upgrade for the guitar that they own, or if any S2 owner gets a discount on all of the S3 guitars when they release.

I suppose the same question also applies to the S3 Strat. Would S2 owners get a discount on that one as well? And would it be higher if you own more S2 guitars? Probably not, but who knows.

The reason I ask is this: As you know, VSTBuzz is running a deal for all the S2 guitars, heavily discounted. Great deal and really tempting. However, I already have S2 SRP and I don't really know if I have need of more guitars, especially with S3 coming out soon. But if getting the S2 guitars now would mean getting an upgrade cheaper, then maybe.
Buying the S2 guitars now for cheap, given that I don't really need them, and having them be outdated pretty soon, seems much less enticing, even if they're cheap.

I'm a little discount hungry. I think that's a bad habit of mine, buying (or really thinking about buying) things that I don't need just because it's a great deal. That being said, I would be curious to know, if you've planned that far ahead and are willing to share details, how the upgrade discounts would be handled.

Cheers, and have a nice day!

I don't have the position to say anything definitive about this particular thing, but as a user, it does seem reasonable to do that, and knowing how ISW operated in the past, it's likely to happen. But don't take this as a definitive answer, please.

Andrew is going to be pretty busy for some time since he's expecting to become a father any day now. :)

I don't have concrete pricing yet but it will go something like this.

1. If you own ANY Shreddage2 guitar, you will get a discount for Shreddage3 Strat and Shreddage3 8string. Probably $20-30 off. Since these S3 instruments are totally new samples + engines, this seems fair, and a nice gesture to loyal customers.

2. If you own a Shreddage2 guitar, you will get a bigger discount on the S3 version of that guitar. There would NOT be new samples here, but the instrument would be upgraded to the all-new engine. Again, I don't have specific pricing, but the goal would probably be in the ballpark of 50% off.

If you get the VSTBuzz bundle now you're basically paying $31 per guitar. I don't know when the S3 versions of these guitars will be out; definitely by mid-2019, maybe sooner. But they will almost definitely be in the $79-99 range, maybe a little more. Do you *need* to upgrade to S3 versions? Maybe not? It depends on how much interface and performing tweaking you want to do :D
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

The S2 guitars are still pretty damn good quality on its current engine. I almost exclusively release my stuff with a Shreddage guitar of my choosing and I'm going to be putting out some new Shreddage material soon that sounds much better than my current. And also I'm still in the process of creating some tutorial videos. IMO I think you might really be missing out on a great deal by not getting the bundle but of course, do what you think is best for you :) These guitars really fit the style of music I do and I'm pretty darn pleased with them. They have served me well the past 5 years more than any other vst guitar (and I own many...) so it's difficult for me to not be biased.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

EvilDragon wrote:
Andrew is going to be pretty busy for some time since he's expecting to become a father any day now. :)
Tell him we all said congrats!!
Check out my solo project!
If you like alternative rock/grunge https://soundcloud.com/anger-cage

Return to “Impact Soundworks”