Shreddage 2- No Velocity Response

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please help-
I've turned off all the articulations (pinch squeal, palm mute etc...), gone through, as far as I can tell, turning off/ on/ up /down every setting in all sections available (engine, articulations...),,,but when I program a series of MIDI notes to be ranging from 1 to max, there's absolutely NO velocity response- every note is played the same way, in terms of volume and aggression.

Full sample library has been loaded.

I also looked through the Kontakt options, and all other settings within Kontakt, and couldn't find anything to change it.

I've been using Superior Drummer for yonks and never had this issue, ever.
I'm on a macbook with 2.5 Ghz processor, 16 GB RAM and PTs 10 (yes I know that's old!:)).

I'm a bit of a techno-beginner, so please be gentle, any potential trolls!:))
Cheers

I don't own the product, but I was just going through the manual and there's something called the Velocity to Volume Knob in the settings. Is that turned all the way down by any chance?

I can't say for keeno, obviously, but I also have a problem with velocity --> vol in Shreddage. The velocity to volume setting basically just does not work. When the knob is all the way up (which as far as I understand should make it more responsive to velocity) it's just quieter. That's it. Different velocities still do nothing, it's just all quieter. When the knob is all down, it's louder. Still not at all dependent on velocity. When the "scale to articulation" is active, it's just louder, as loud as when the scale was all down. Still not responsive to velocity. So when the "scale" button is active, the knob itself actually does literally nothing.

In short, the velocity setting is broken and doesn't do anything to the velocity for me. It just changes the overall volume independently of the velocity used.

I'm using the version 1.15 SRP with updated Kontakt 5 in Ableton Live 10.

medicodibiscotti wrote:I can't say for keeno, obviously, but I also have a problem with velocity --> vol in Shreddage. The velocity to volume setting basically just does not work. When the knob is all the way up (which as far as I understand should make it more responsive to velocity) it's just quieter. That's it. Different velocities still do nothing, it's just all quieter. When the knob is all down, it's louder. Still not at all dependent on velocity. When the "scale to articulation" is active, it's just louder, as loud as when the scale was all down. Still not responsive to velocity. So when the "scale" button is active, the knob itself actually does literally nothing.

In short, the velocity setting is broken and doesn't do anything to the velocity for me. It just changes the overall volume independently of the velocity used.

I'm using the version 1.15 SRP with updated Kontakt 5 in Ableton Live 10.
Make sure to update Shreddage 2 SRP itself to the latest patch. There is a stickied thread in this ISW forum to download the update.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

I am using the latest patch. 1.15 and 3.21 engine. It hasn't been updated in almost 2 years. Maybe a re-install would work, but it's not like it really "installs" anything. It just extracts the files, so I don't think much would change unless the current files got corrupted somehow.

Ah, okay then that is really weird :/
I recommend shooting an email on the website's contact page. And always better if you can include screenshot(s), midi, and a render.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Interestingly, I just discovered that hammer-ons and pull-offs are actually affected by the vel-->vol knob but only when scaled is disabled. I should try re-installing before contacting them, but I was kinda hoping they'd see it here. They seem to be quite active here, but ofc Andrew is having a baby (super congrats, by the way, and a late happy birthday from me as well).

edit: yeah, so the reinstall did nothing. It might be an issue with Kontakt? Who knows. It makes me hesitant on buying more virtual guitars, though, because velocity sensitivity is pretty darn important... :(

medicodibiscotti wrote:Interestingly, I just discovered that hammer-ons and pull-offs are actually affected by the vel-->vol knob but only when scaled is disabled. I should try re-installing before contacting them, but I was kinda hoping they'd see it here. They seem to be quite active here, but ofc Andrew is having a baby (super congrats, by the way, and a late happy birthday from me as well).

edit: yeah, so the reinstall did nothing. It might be an issue with Kontakt? Who knows. It makes me hesitant on buying more virtual guitars, though, because velocity sensitivity is pretty darn important... :(
I got home not too long ago and have reproduced the issue with all Shreddage 2 guitars as well. So its not just you. Awkward :D

In my experience, an updated Kontakt will occasionally break some functionalities in various sample libraries I have. Not saying that's what happened here, I don't know enough to get to the bottom of that. But its something I'd take into consideration if something happens to stop working if you're sure it did before.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”